WARFRAME PLAINS OF EIDOLON GAME DETALS
- Update Content: Plains of Eidolon
- Systems: PC (with Xbox One and PS4 to follow)
- Reveal Date: 4:30 pm PDT, 7:30 pm EDT Saturday, July 8
- Release Date: 2017
- Player Base: 30 million registered users (PC, PS4, Xbox One)
Digital Extremes has created its largest expansion for Warframe yet with Plains of Eidolon, the first-ever Landscape (i.e. open zone) update. In this totally new direction for Warframe, you will explore the vast coastal landscapes of Eidolon’s plains in your own time, in your own way, and discover a bustling village full of NPCs with their own stories to tell, motives, quirks, and quests to offer. The town of Cetus is a makeshift basecamp for scavengers known as Ostrons who’ve made The Bleeding Tower their home, and it’s filled with activity and surprise. In this immense and gorgeous new landscape, you’ll be challenged to attain a new Warframe and new weapons, engage in new story elements, and to soar through the sky using the Archwing. But beware — when night falls, even the invading Grineer flee as whatever perished in the Old War still lurks at night.
- Landscapes: A Warframe Paradigm Shift
- Explore, discover, fight, and fly through Warframe in a way you have never experienced before. While previous Warframe missions have been set in randomly generated environments with mostly linear missions, in Plains of the Eidolon you will set foot in a vast, open landscape like nothing ever experienced in Warframe to date, and you’re free to explore it on your own terms.
- New RPG Elements: Meet the Inhabitants of the Origin System
- Never before have Tenno encountered the people whose lives they have saved, until now. Meet the Ostrons, a makeshift group of scavengers whose culture revolves around the grotesque harvesting of biomechanical tissue from long dormant Orokin Towers. Seek missions, storylines, and news from the workers, scavengers, women, and children in town and experience how the ongoing war and the ravages of the Grineer have affected and shaped their lives.
- More than a Mission
- In addition to discovering and exploring, you will engage in an assortment of missions to find and assemble new Warframes and weapons, items and more. Expect to strap on Archwing for air travel and battle, and experiment with customizing and modding your Warframe like never before. Also, if you have ever wanted to experience the great outdoors as an angler, you can fish in the rivers and streams. The more existential question is, what will you catch?
- Tonal Shift
- Plains of the Eidolon offers a sense of discovery, variety, and mystery that mixes several different environments and tones to create a deep sense of place. You will experience a bristling new world in which you’ll feel the wind rustling across your syandana and the age and size of giant Sentient structures ominously looming in the background, you’ll see and hear wildlife flying above and scurrying for food, and you’ll experience a diurnal/nocturnal system with rising and setting sun, a weather system, and more. The world will be more alive than ever before.
- You also will see:
- Kids imitating their Tenno heroes playing the background
- The gory, makeshift, scavenger culture of the Ostrons
- Haunted and mysterious night-time with Spectral Sentients amidst the Sentient Ruins
Warframe Plains of Eidolon is coming later this year. Please visit the official Warframe website at www.warframe.com to join the community on PC, Xbox One or PS4 and download the game for free. To keep up with the latest updates from the development team, be sure to follow Warframe on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.