With the Awesome PS3 Dark Souls almost on the PC Gamers doorstep, we asked Namco a few questions, as where kind of worried about the size of the game download and specs that it required.
Q1. Would the PC verison be better than the PS3 version
A. “It’s definitely better than the console version,I can promise you that”
Q2. Is this a direct Port
A. “Not 100% we needed to revise a lot of the game code to work on the PC”
Q3. Will we see the difference
A. “It’s all dependent on PC Specifications”
Q4. Will modding community be able to modify the game graphics like we see in Skyrim
A. “It maybe possible with the software currently available only time will tell, but not to the extent to add extra content”
Q5 I am guessing the low end specs required to run the game is due to its being almost a direct port from the PS3 version, was that a good idea to do, or would you of liked to have more time to revamp the game totally
A. ” We never intended on creating Dark Souls for the PC however due to the outcry from PC Gamers and the amount of Interest in the game itself, we though it would be a good idea to bring it over, Most of our developers have PC experience, however due to the time frame we wanted to work with, there was no real time to create a whole new game engine”
Q6 Will you work on improvements to the game after Launch
OK thanks for your time Guys and Girls much appreciated I know you are very busy and we look forward to playing the awesome Dark Souls.
Pre-order Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition will include an untold chapter in the world of Lordran where the player must stop the spread of darkness at all costs by facing and defeating the Dark Knight Artorias.
- New Bosses – Including Artorias of Abyss, Chimera of Tomb, and more
- PVP Online Matchmaking System – Quick matching for co-op or PVP
- New Areas – Including Oolacile Tomb, Old Ruins and more
- New Enemies – Including Abyss Guard, Chained Prisoner and more
- New NPCs – Including Hawkeye Gough and more
- New Weapons and Armor – Equip some from the new bosses, enemies, and NPCs
Dark Souls is an upcoming action role-playing game from the developers who brought you Demon’s Souls, FromSoftware. Dark Souls will have many familiar features: A dark fantasy universe, tense dungeon crawling, fearsome enemy encounters and unique online interactions. Dark Souls is a spiritual successor to Demon’s, not a sequel. Prepare for a new, despair-inducing world, with a vast, fully-explorable horizon and vertically-oriented landforms. Prepare for a new, mysterious story, centered around the King’s Crowns and the original, now dying flame at the center of the world. But most of all, prepare to die. You will face countless murderous traps, countless darkly grotesque monsters and several gargantuan, supremely powerful demons and dragons. You must learn from death to persist through this unforgiving world. And you aren’t alone. Dark Souls allows the spirits of other players to show up in your world, so you can learn from their deaths and they can learn from yours. New to Dark Souls is Beacon Fire, where you can share the experiences of your adventure with the spirits of other players. Around the Beacon Fire, you may find the only warmth and calm that exists in this dark world. Beware: There is no place in Dark Souls that is truly safe. With days of game play and an even more punishing difficulty level, Dark Souls will be the most deeply challenging game you play this year. Can you live through a million deaths and earn your legacy?
The World of Dark Souls
You are thrust into the world of demons, where those humans with the Dark Ring are sent to succumb and transform into the living dead. Darkness reigns. The one original flame now nests in the core of this world, all but dead. The demons have conquered the immortal dragons and all across their world, lay the decrepit signs of their rule. Dark Souls carries on the dark fantasy themes that you love, but this is a new, open world; One that is vast, with seamlessly-connected dungeons. Whatever you can see, you’ll be able to reach and explore. Land formations are more complex and vertically-oriented, so prepare to travel and battle on the great heights of the world.
Prepare to die! You may get scorched alive or bludgeoned by a giant pendulum scythe or impaled by an arrow through the heart. The traps in Dark Souls are bound to kill you.You can connect to the online community and participate in the journeys of other real players. Watch the deaths of other players and learn from their mistakes. Find and leave messages, warning of perilous spots. New to Dark Souls, you can gather with other players at the Beacon Fire and share your trials and tribulations.
If you hope to ever reach the King’s Crowns, you must carefully equip yourself. Your success will depend upon your choice of armor, number of weapons, types of weapons and moves attached to the weapons you choose.There are many new types of weapons and armors in Dark Souls. Another addition to Dark Souls is strategic sword play, which will aid you in destroying the monsters and undead hordes that stand in your way.
You will face many unique, despair-inducing monsters. Survival means accepting you will die, learning from death and overcoming the ultimate challenge to reclaim your soul.The demons who rule this world gain their extraordinary power from the King’s Crowns. To retrieve the King’s Crowns and reach the flame of the world, you will have to face the White King Gwen and his knights, the witch Izarith and her evil daughters, the first dead, Nit, and the immortal and nameless shadow dwarves
When you begin this adventure, you are soulless. You must emerge from the abyss to reclaim your soul in order to reach the land of the living. Make social connections, win games, find eggs and solve riddles—and increase your soul energy until you get your entire spiritual essence back. The gauge at the bottom of your dashboard numerically measures the amount of soul energy you have earned. Check your gauge each day to keep track of how much soul energy you have. Do your best to get your numbers high enough so you can say once and for all: Be gone, evil forces, my soul is mine and I am alive!
- Extremely Deep, Dark & Difficult – Unforgiving in its punishment, yet rewarding for the determined – learn to strategize freely and conquer seemingly impossible challenges.
- Fully Seamless World – Explore a completely integrated world of dark fantasy where dungeons are seamlessly intertwined, with great height.
- Mastery Earns Progression – Contains 60 hours of gameplay, with nearly 100 uniquely despair?inducing monsters & an incredibly nuanced weaponry & magic spells system. Player success depends on their eventual mastery of how and when to use the magic spells, choice of armor, the number of weapons, the types of weapons, and the moves attached to the weapons.
- Network Play – Players may cross paths with one another, interacting with each other throughout the game even as each player plays their own game.
- Flexible Character Development & Role Play – As the player progresses, they must carefully choose which of their character’s abilities to enhance as this will determine their progression style.
- Community – See other real players and empathize with their journey, learn from seeing how others died, find and leave messages for your fellow players; helping them or leading them into death.
- Symbolic of Life & Hope – The Beacon Fire is an important feature of Dark Souls for many reasons. Though in gameplay it serves as a recovery and re?spawn point for players whose health gets low and is the one place in the dark world where players can find a fleeting moment of warmth and calm