You tear off your head and throw it howling at an enemy. Then you feel like you are about to mutate again… and here it comes: now you are a bird-shaped crazy monster, laying eggs from where tiny copies of you hatch and fight by your side! Enemies keep coming, you keep mutating – and being awesome all the time! This is Freaky Awesome, an action rogue-lite developed by indie studio Mandragora Games; the studio announces today that Freaky Awesome will be released on Steam on October 18th for $9,99 / €9,99 / £5,99, with a launch discount of -10 % off. Prepare for the craziest rescue mission ever: fight, mutate, die… and stay Freaky Awesome!
Freaky Awesome is a hectic action rogue-lite where you play as Sam, a retired action hero searching for his lost dog in an old factory full of mutated monsters and traps. The general layout of the factory and its rooms are procedurally generated. Enemies leave behind a poodle of mutagen that can heal you, but also mutates you eventually – even if you are in the middle of a fight! Every mutated form has its own mechanics and powers, and you need to adapt to them in order to survive. And on top of that, you can use objects in combat and develop your character to unlock new powerful skills, as well as play in co-op with up to 4 players!
- Fight against weird mutants in this fast-paced rogue-lite
- Mutate to survive: mutagens replenish your health but also changes you into wild forms – each with different mechanics and powers!
- Gain new mutations! Slay special mutants to unlock their forms as a newly available mutation
- Explore a mutating world: the game itself mutates! The map is randomly generated, but the game itself changes every successful run with new unlocked locations and enemies, bigger levels, stronger bosses and new mechanics
- Avoid traps… or use them to your advantage: explosives, flying barrels, moving saws, flames and even flying pig heads are as deadly to you as to your enemies!
- Use items to help you in combat!
- Rogue-lite with permadeath: death is permanent, but your advancements too. You can keep your unlocked items, skills and mutations
- Play solo or with friends with an up to 4 players co-op. You can keep the progress earned while playing multi!