26 years ago, the world of ‘Point & Click’ adventure games was changed forever with the launch of ‘Gold Rush!’– one of the most comprehensive adventure games of the 1980’s.
With the launch of Gold Rush! Anniversary on November 7, this fondly remembered game has been completely re-developed from the ground up for a new generation of PC gamers to enjoy. Experience the game for the first time with high-resolution graphics, speech synthesis, a superb sound track, modern user interface features and optimized game-flow to enhance the gameplay and interactions with other in-game characters.
“Developers interested in making a modern version of ‘Gold Rush!’ would contact me from time to time, but I was never sure any of them would be able to do it, or do it well”, commented Doug MacNeill, designer of the original game. “However, after my first interaction with Sunlight Games, I knew they were capable of developing a great remake. Their product has surpassed all of my expectations of quality and creativity”.
‘Gold Rush! Anniversary’ takes you back to the year 1849, when gold was discovered in California – one of the most exciting times in American history. Experience life as Jerrod Wilson, one of the tens of thousands of American gold seekers (49 ‘er’s) as he travels on one of three possible routes from New York to the West and towards possible riches.
- Over 130 pre-rendered images and animated cut-scenes all in full HD
- Three different routes to the West – 3 adventures in one game!
- All new high quality voiceovers and re-recorded music
- Optimized game-flow minimizing dead-ends and random perils
- Two control mechanisms – the original parser controls plus an all new intelligent Point & Click control
- Historical map of the three in-game routes
- Over 90 previously unpublished original concept drawings from the developer of the 80’s classic original