Sign up Today to Receive Your Limited Beta Voucher and Join the Rocket-Powered Fun
Globally renowned independent developer and publisher, Psyonix, announced today its Beta sign-ups for the fast-paced sports-action game Rocket League on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system. Psyonix will release a limited number of multiplayer Beta vouchers for consumers in both Europe and North America on a first-come, first-serve basis. The Beta will focus on the title’s most important components: matchmaking and server performance and it begins today, Friday, April 24, from 9 am-9 pm PDT/12 pm-12 am (EDT)/4 pm-4 am (GMT). The Beta will end at a date to be determined sometime in early May.
Rocket League, the sequel to the international hit, Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars, expands on its successful pedigree with improved graphics and physics systems, a robust new season mode, considerable customization options, and a fully-charged multiplayer game geared for a next-generation action-sports experience. Rocket League is due to hit PlayStation®4 and PC this summer.
- New Season Mode: In the final version, players can enjoy an offline single-player or multiplayer experience with Season mode, bolstered by extensive vehicle customizations, unlockable items, multiple arenas, and more.
- Fully Upgraded Online, Local and Splitscreen Multiplayer Modes: Fans of the original will love the returning options for two- to four-player competition, from on-the-couch splitscreen competition to the robust online play.
- Team-focused Gameplay: Rocket League’s team-oriented play compels gamers to learn short- and long-term tactics and strategies to stay in the game, challenge their friends, and stay atop the monthly leaderboards.
- Physics-driven Vehicle Interactions: Built with rocket-equipped vehicles capable of aerial attacks, passes and shots, and physics-driven ball action, Rocket League is a wild, visceral action-sports experience.
- Content Overload: Rocket League builds upon its predecessor with a healthy array of completely new unlockable vehicles, arenas, more than 150 customization items, and other surprises.
- Dedicated Gameplay Servers: Super-smooth online gameplay guarantees an even better Rocket-Powered Battle-Car experience.
- Broadcast-Quality Replays: Gamers can play with, stylize, and create the ultimate replay of entire games with the new replay system. Fast forward, rewind, or view the action from anywhere in the arena!
Like the 2008 PlayStation®3 original, Rocket League is a futuristic sports-action game where players pilot rocket-powered vehicles in an enhanced version of soccer by driving their vehicles into the ball and other players in a variety of arenas. Rocket League uses an advanced physics system to simulate realistic interactions between cars and the ball, where mass and momentum determine how hard balls and cars hit each other, creating a unique and visceral playing experience.
Created by Psyonix, Rocket League is a one- to eight-player sports-action game due in summer 2015. To learn more about Rocket League, please visit www.rocketleaguegame.com, ‘Like’ it on Facebook, and follow its development on Twitter @RocketLeague for all the latest developer updates and news.