Assassination. Hostage Rescue. Infiltration. Bomb Defusal. This is the black ops world of Special Tactics!
SPECIAL (adjective) “better, greater or otherwise different from what is usual.” TACTICS (noun) “the art of disposing armed forces in order of battle and of organizing operations, especially during contact with an enemy.” Welcome to the elite combat world of Special Tactics, an intense, simultaneous turn-based tactical action-shooter and debut game from US indie developer Beast Mode Games. Special Tactics is set to gain a full release on Steam for PC out of Early Access on April 26th priced at $14.99/£10.99.
Behind a finely tuned combat system designed specifically to allow a wide array of strategic approaches and combat engagement styles, Special Tactics delivers a balanced and nuanced tactical action experience across multiple single-player and multiplayer modes including Campaign, Survival and Squad-based Multiplayer.
Select from five main classes including Sniper, Shotgun, SMG, Assault and Shield and choose your custom loadouts. Lay out your strategies ensuring the balance between offensive and defensive tactics will give you the best chance of success. Achieve your mission objectives and earn gold and trophies to unlock custom weapons, attachments and equipment.
Featuring full Steam integration including Friends lists, Achievements, Trading Cards and Leader boards, Special Tactics also features a cross-platform multiplayer feature with the iOS version of the game across eight strategically designed maps at launch with more to follow.
- Single Player story driven campaign mode – missions include puzzle based take-down missions, hostage rescue, assassination, hostage escort and stealth
- PC exclusive Squad Based Multiplayer – 2 vs. 1 or 2 vs. 2 – select your specific weapon for each class, choose your soldier classes then either plant the bomb or defuse it
- Epic 1 vs. 1 PvP and Survival modes
- PC exclusive Custom Match Rules such as Snipers only or Hardcore Mode
- Five Main Classes – Sniper, Shotgun, Assault, SMG and Shield
- Six Equipment Types – Smoke, Frag, Flash and Fire/Incendiary Grenades, Sonar Detector, Throwing Axe
- Custom Weapons and Attachments – Silencers, Scopes, Foregrips and rare finishes
- Replay Analysis System – Review your strategic successes and failures after every mission
- Four Boosters – Armor, Range, Damage and Speed. Select one person per turn to give to a soldier
Special Tactics on Steam – http://store.steampowered.com/app/432870/
For more information please visit the official Special Tactics website at http://beastmodegames.com