War for the Overworld Celebrates Second Anniversary With ‘My Pet Dungeon’ Update
Base game discounted 75% in today’s Steam Daily Deal
War for the Overworld, the highly-praised dungeon management game with a dark sense of humour, today unleashes an all-new game mode with My Pet Dungeon.
Focussing on building and exploration, this chunky update brings a new 8 mission sandbox campaign where each level encourages you to build and discover to your heart’s content; all at a more relaxed pace than other modes. Players score points through dungeon building, enemy slaying and smashing bonus objectives to progress to the next level. Enable God Mode, switch on wave spawning and drop in a few unsuspecting heroes to watch the chaos ensue!
What’s in My Pet Dungeon?
- Eight All-New Levels – Focussed on exploration, discovery and dungeon building.
- Unique Scoring System – Earn points by building the greatest dungeon in the Underworld; earn enough to unlock the next level.
- Bonus Objectives – Complete special objectives to earn extra points, such as raising your minions’ Levels or slaying dozens of heroes – all at your own pace.
- Room Unlock System – Rooms unlock over time, freeing your research up to focus on other Aspects.
- The Toybox – A special room unique to My Pet Dungeon, allowing you to pick up and drop enemy units into your dungeon as though they were mere toys.
- Wave Spawning – Spawn waves of enemy units to put your dungeon through its paces through new controls.
- Three Unlockable Themes – Unlock the long-awaited Empire Dungeon Themes, newly refined to work as playable themes.
- Winter Wonderland – Discover a new snowy terrain theme as your minions crunch through frozen underground caverns.
- God Mode – Realise your omnipotence with the power to shape the very land, spawn in units and much more – all in real time.
In addition to My Pet Dungeon, Brightrock Games is celebrating the game’s second anniversary by releasing the Anniversary Collection, a new Bundle on Steam. This includes the base game, Heart of Gold expansion, My Pet Dungeon expansion, the free Crucible expansion, and a host of extras previously found only in the Underlord Edition.
True to form the team has also released for free the accompanying Patch 1.6, which is chock-full of tweaks, fixes and a big possession overhaul. The link to the full patch notes is below.
My Pet Dungeon is available to download from Steam now (£5.59, $7.99, €7.99) with the first two levels entirely free, so players can try before they buy: store.steampowered.com/app/230190
In addition, the War for the Overworld base game is 75% off today ($7.50, €7.00, £5.75, 124.75₽) as part of Steam’s Daily Deal for Monday 3rd April. All other War for the Overworld products are heavily discounted:
- War for the Overworld Underlord Edition (including extra Dungeon Theme, game soundtrack and The Dungeoneer’s Guide to the Underworld) – 75% off
- War for the Overworld Heart of Gold expansion – 45% off
- War for the Overworld My Pet Dungeon expansion – 5% off