Action Platformer Alien Spidy arrives on PlayStation® Network
Kalypso Media Digital Ltd. is proud to announce its action-platformer Alien Spidy is available to purchase now on the PlayStation® Store in Europe for £7.99/ €9.99. To celebrate the launch of the web slinging hero, Kalypso has released a new, action packed trailer.
Developed by Enigma Software, Alien Spidy is a single-player action-platformer that delves deep into the world of a technologically advanced alien spider whose space ship crashes on earth while searching for his lost friend Virgi. Alone on the alien planet “Spidy” sets out to find his friend, but also needs to collect the lost parts of his crashed space ship, whilst avoiding the unfriendly local inhabitants. Spidy must overcome the many obstacles he encounters by using clever web-swinging mechanics as he explores wildly interactive and colourful environments brought to life with beautifully smooth animations.
Features of Alien Spidy:
- Great Controls: Intuitive controls enable players to walk, run, jump, push, swing, and swim.
- Simple Training: Learn the ropes in five training levels.
- 69 Levels, Three Stages: Explore 69 levels across three vast stages (Forest, Pond, Caves).
- Leaderboards: Compete with friends by comparing level-specific and global scores on the online leaderboards.
- Non-Linear Level Structure: After the five Training levels, each stage enables players to choose the levels they want, and in which order they want to play them in.
- Lots of NPCs: Experience a broad, evolving cast of non-playable characters and diverse enemies — from lazy sloths, needle-shooting hedgehogs, ravenous fish, pesky mosquitos, and lots more — in each level and setting.
- Collect Orbs and Power-ups: Collect energy orbs and power-ups to progress and defeat enemies.
- Secret Levels: Earn stars to unlock special secret levels.
- Unity3D: Alien Spidy is built on the Unity3D Engine.