China, India and Mexico join the celebration, making Prime Day a massive global deals event in 13 countries
Prime members can enjoy 30 hours of deal shopping this year – with deals starting on 10th July at 6pm
Nearly 40 percent of Lightning Deals worldwide will come from small businesses and entrepreneurs on Prime Day
To participate in Prime Day, customers new to Prime can sign up to an annual membership for just £59 through 3rd July, offering a £20 savin
The third annual Prime Day will be Tuesday 11th July, with hundreds of thousands of deals exclusively for Prime members around the world. New this year, members can enjoy 30 hours of deal shopping starting at 6pm on Monday, 10th July – and new deals as often as every five minutes. Prime Day has expanded to 13 countries this year, and Amazon is bringing new and existing members in the U.S., UK, Spain, Mexico, Japan, Italy, India, Germany, France, China, Canada, Belgium and Austria the best deals of the year. Members will find millions of items in stock including deals from thousands of small businesses and entrepreneurs. As the company gears up for Prime Day, Amazon offers an inside look to show our global preparations. To participate in Prime Day, customers in the UK new to Prime can sign up here for a year of Prime for just £59 from now through 3rd July, a £20 saving on the first year’s annual membership fee.
“Our members love Prime Day and we were thrilled by the response over the last two years. It is inspiring us to make it even better this year for Prime members,” said Greg Greeley, Vice President Amazon Prime. “Every side of our business is working to deliver more deals for a record number of shoppers. We even decided that 24 hours in a day just isn’t enough time to shop all of the great deals – so we’re giving Prime members 30 hours to shop on Prime Day!”
Deals Start Now
Every day leading up to Prime Day on 11th July members will find all kinds of exclusive promotions and deals:
- Amazon Music Unlimited – Prime members who haven’t yet tried Amazon Music Unlimited can get the best deal in Amazon Music history, four months of the full catalogue on-demand service with access to 40 million songs, for just £0.99.
- Amazon Video – From 7th to 11th July, Prime members will have the chance to win £100,000 in cash just by streaming Amazon Video on their TV via Fire TV, Fire TV Stick or the App on one of the many supported Smart TVs and game consoles.
- Kindle Unlimited – Prime members can save up to 40% on a Kindle Unlimited membership. Enjoy unlimited reading from over one million titles on any device.
- Everyday Essentials – Prime members can save up to 25% off with onsite vouchers on select food and household items in Prime Pantry from 3rd July until 6th August.
The Grand Tour Season 2 Prime Day Sneak Peek
As a Prime Day exclusive, Amazon will reveal a brand new teaser of The Grand Tour for Prime members. The new footage, which is the first look at any filming from the hugely anticipated second season, sees Jeremy, Richard and James in Mozambique, Switzerland and the UK. Prime members will get this exclusive Prime Day sneak preview ahead of the full The Grand Tour season 2 launch later this year.
Small Businesses and Entrepreneurs on Prime Day
Prime Day 2016 was another record-breaking success for small businesses and entrepreneurs worldwide participating in the event. Small businesses and entrepreneurs on Amazon offering deals to Prime members saw orders nearly triple year-over-year on Prime Day. And this year, there will be thousands of small businesses and entrepreneurs participating, representing nearly 40 percent of all Lightning Deals. Feedback from small businesses and entrepreneurs includes:
- “Prime Day 2016 proved to be a prime opportunity for Amazon customers to shop from Time2 Direct, with our one day only deals showing a growth of 730% in unit sales based on a daily average and our sales targets exceeded by over 75%.”– Latif Kothia, Time2 Direct
- “It was a great day all round. We sold out of all our Prime Day deals which saw 10% increase in sales from last year. I think Amazon has managed to create a buzz around generally a very quiet time which has given us a boost in sales.” — Ravi Daryanani, Teletape Limited
Everyday Made Better with Prime
Prime was designed to make your life better every single day. Tens of millions of members around the world enjoy the many benefits of Prime. In the UK that includes unlimited access to award-winning movies and TV episodes with Prime Video; unlimited access to more than two million songs with Prime Music; exclusive access to purchase tickets for Prime Live Events with major artists, luxury Amazon lounges, Premium Seating and Pre-Sales for music concerts and entertainment shows across the UK available on Amazon Tickets; unlimited reading from a rotating selection of books, magazines, comics and more with Prime Reading; unlimited secure photo storage with Prime Photos, Twitch Prime; early access to select Lightning Deals, one free pre-released book a month with Kindle First, and more. Plus, Prime members around the world can enjoy exclusive deal shopping on Prime Day. Prime was built on the foundation of unlimited fast delivery and members receive unlimited One-Day Delivery on millions of items across all categories; unlimited Same-Day Delivery on more than a million items in London, Surrey, Berkshire, Birmingham, Bristol, Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Milton Keynes, Glasgow, and Edinburgh; and same-day delivery slots with Prime Now at no extra charge between 8am and 10pm across more than 30% of the UK population in selected postcodes in Birmingham, Glasgow, Hertfordshire, Manchester, Newcastle, Leeds, Liverpool, London, Portsmouth, Surrey and South Yorkshire. Customers new to Prime can to sign up here for just £59 from now through 3rd July, a £20 saving on the first year’s annual membership fee.