Two-man development house Fair Weather Studios have released the official launch trailer for their upcoming sci-fi strategy game Ancient Frontier.
The game’s soundtrack will feature an original score by Mimi Page alongside two fully voiced story driven campaigns. Players will explore, conquer, pillage, or liberate the frontiers of space. Take control of massive fleets of capital ships and fighter squadrons to face down enemies in objective-based missions.
Take on two story-driven campaigns that will pit your tactical skills to the test as you face down raiders, corporate armies, and alien life forms in the depths of space. Both campaigns are fully voiced with over four hours of audio for an immersive story telling experience.
Utilize over 35 ships to build your fleets in a variety of tactical set-ups. Research new technologies to upgrade your ships. Then, take your fleet to missions for loot and resources.
Ancient Frontier’s story and setting are a continuation from Fair Weathers debut title Bladestar. For seventeen years, the Frontier has been at peace. Alliance colonists and miners live under the far-flung rule of Mars and the Federation. However, conflict is now in the air. Ruthless corporations are making moves and other factions begin to seek strategic resources to expand. Play two campaigns that will tell the tales of two different factions that will have twists, turns, and all the joys of a good space opera.
Ancient Frontier will release on September 21st on Steam for $24.99. The launch will see the game have a special 10% discount for a limited time.
- Two fully-fledged campaigns with fully voiced dialogue.
- Over 50 hours of gameplay.
- Dynamic initiative based turn based combat.
- RPG elements including experience progression for ships.
- Permadeath – once a ship is gone, it’s gone.
- Fleet management – choose which ships to take into battle.
- Over 35 unique ships to command.
- Customize your playstyle by unlocking technologies in an extensive Tech Tree.
- Two major factions and three sub-factions.
- Large, detailed space maps to fight across.
- Resource management – scavenge for resources and spend them to upgrade and obtain new ships and upgrades.
- Dozens of different weapon systems and abilities to control.