Cancel your date for Valentine’s, the Awesomenauts are on the phone! Awesomenauts Assemble! has just received a massive update on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One! Update 1.7 contains gameplay content spanning more than a full year of development and brings players six new characters, 18 new skins and announcers, and numerous gameplay improvements and balance tweaks.
This update brings the console version of Awesomenauts up to speed with the Steam version in terms of gameplay content, and is the biggest update we’ve ever done on any platform! We’re excited to introduce our fans on consoles to the following characters:
- Max Focus, a new flying ‘Naut
- Deadlift, a power-lifting support character who can shield his team, and is available to all players as part of the base game.
- Dizzy, the fleet-footed brawler who can stack dashes to become super-agile.
- Smiles, the Crocodile with a flamethrower and a mean (tail) swing.
- Commander Rocket, who is all about rockets. And the occasional laser.
- Qi’Tara, the teleporting assassin that slices & dices her opponents.
New ‘Fully Loaded’ bundles are available on the digital storefronts that include the base game and all available characters. Players looking to unlock just the four new characters from the ‘Rocket’s Renegades’-storyline can pick them up in a discounted bundle, or purchase them from the store individually.
On top of these new characters, we’re bringing a whole bunch of new skins and announcers to consoles with this update, including the shanty-singing Scourge Captain McPain skin and Soulhuntress Raelynn, a long awaited new costume for the fan-favorite sniper.
Awesomenauts Assemble! Update 1.7 is now available for all players on Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The game launched on PlayStation 4 in September 2014 and on September 2016 on Xbox One, and we’re excited and proud to keep the game going strong for so long. In fact, even more content is coming almost six years after the game originally launched on last-generation consoles!