Ubisoft announced Odin’s Hootenanny, a digital variety show to celebrate the upcoming launch of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, to be held on 6th November at 5pm UK time. Proudly presented in partnership with Xbox Series X|S, featuring segments from Xbox, IGN and BAFTA, Odin’s Hootenanny will be hosted by actor and comedian, Danny Wallace, who is best known to fans for his portrayal of Shaun Hastings in the Assassin’s Creed series.
The livestreamed event will feature a host of exclusive content, including a gameplay reveal from the Xbox Series X version of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla as well as a Viking game-show featuring plucky ravens, red-hot forges and much more. The full show will include:
- Eivor Critiques IGN’s Viking Skills: Magnus Bruun, the talented Danish actor behind male Eivor provides live commentary direct from a Viking long-hall in Denmark as Amy Mallett and Stevie Coales seek to prove their mettle in dark-age Leicestershire. In true Viking fashion, Magnus’ commentary is brutal and unforgiving, not to mention colourful.
- BAFTA presents The Art of Storytelling: In an extended BAFTA Guru feature, Elle Osili-Wood sits down with Narrative Director Darby McDevitt to explore the storytelling of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.
- Xbox On presents Assassin’s Creed Valhalla on Xbox Series X. An extended gameplay segment showcasing Assassin’s Creed Valhalla on the new Xbox Series X hardware.
- Modern-Day Flyting: Gaming rapper and self-proclaimed Rhyme Minister, Dan Bull will go head-to-head with British rap star Lethal Bizzle in a modern interpretation of a dark-age flyting battle, filled with sarcastic wit.
- A Very Viking Gameshow: A live-action, socially distanced game-show where two teams of the UK’s finest presenters and content creators, including Bex Bomb, Elle Osili-Wood, Gav Murphy and Marcus Bronzy square off in a series of Viking challenges, including axe-throwing and mind-games (and Kerplunk) with an actual raven named Loki.
“I’ve been a huge Assassin’s Creed fan from the beginning and delighted to be part of the series, and Valhalla looks like it’ll be the best so far,” said Danny Wallace, presenter of Odin’s Hootenanny. “So when Ubisoft tempted me out of the house with ravens, skulls and axes, how could I turn them down?”
Odin’s Hootenanny will premiere at 5pm GMT on Friday, 6th November. Tune in at:
For more information about Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, please visit: assassinscreed.com.
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here