Age of Fear 3, a turn-based tactical combat game with elements of RPG set in a high fantasy world, releases today on Steam on September 1st for $19,99 / €19,99, with a launch discount of -10 % off. Battles feature a novel hex-free system and an advanced AI. The high customization of your characters’ skills and inventories and the complex AI, developed by a world-leading expert in AI and cooperative networks agents, offers a very deep and tactical gameplay experience. The game features two long campaigns with unusual stories and a good dose of humor: you can either play as a dryad and her bloodthirsty drider lover, supported by a crazy swamp witch, set on a quest for revenge after being captured by a slaver; or as a band of drunken greedy dwarves fighting against… well, everything on their path (mushroom-men included!). Age of Fear 3 also offers a PvP multiplayer mode and an extensive modding support – everything can be modded, from units’ sprites, stats and skills, to maps, levels, campaign and even the behavior of the different AIs.
A cruel slaver took you away from your forest and your sisters, the dryads. He threw you to the fighting pits for the entertaining of a bloodthirsty Lord and his savage friends and subjects. You were supposed to fight a drider to the death, a fearsome creature half-spider, half-man… but things didn’t go as they thought, and you escaped – and now you and the drider are on a quest for vengeance, with the creatures of the forest and a powerful witch by your side. In the meantime and somewhere else, a band of drunken greedy dwarves, lead by the legendary warrior Lord Gilrock, is fighting their way through an entire kingdom in a great adventure for glory, coin, and beer. Prepare your weapons and your spells, but most of all your skills and wits: you will need them to survive Age of Fear 3!
- Fight intense turn-based battles in a novel hex-free system with deep and emergent strategy
- Level up your units to create your own customized army with over 250 different spells and skills
- Face an incredibly diverse enemy roster with close to 200 unique units
- Permadeath – all characters that fall in a battle will stay dead – unless an evil Necromancer raises them as Zombies!
- Use the terrain to your advantage in challenging battles with environmental hazards
- Create your own world and share with the community thanks to its Steam Workshop integration
- Discover one of the most advanced AI systems you have ever played against: you will have to be as cunning as bold to achieve victory!
- Use in combat more than 100 unique items and artifacts, each of them with their own bonuses, skills and/or spells
- A game for everyone: easy to learn, hard to master – and with very low system requirements that will let you play with old computers