Gratuitous by name, Gratuitous by nature
How many missiles incoming? With Gratuitous Space Battles 2 launching today on PC, Mac and Linux it’s time to raise your shields or obliterate someone else’s. Warp speed to explosive satisfaction with an intuitive interface that lets players quickly construct their ships from modular components, arrange them into fear inducing fleets, and watch the carnage commence! Command your fleet down to the individual ship, giving a unique strategic experience. One ship may be ordered to make a Hail Mary pass, the rest to sit back and watch; if you’re feeling cruel anyway.
“I think the biggest driver to make GSB2 was probably my potentially unhealthy love of explosions. And beams. Explosions and beams are at bottom of everyone’s heart, if you disagree you haven’t played this game yet. To tempt you to the
darkexplosive side I don’t have cookies but a brand new trailer, bursting with explodiness, ” Cliff Harris, Founder and head of Positech Games.
While this one man fleet has been creating the majority of GSB2 solo, he hasn’t quite been alone. With a huge community of players beta testing and providing feedback every step of the way issues have been crushed quicker than the ships you face and new features created almost on demand* (*Cliff On Demand will not be a permanent service).
As the sequel to the 200,000 plus seller Gratuitous Space Battles, you would expect Cliff to have crammed a galaxy of new features into GSB2 and he hasn’t disappointed:
Pimp your fleet – Now you can modify the external appearance of all ships, not just the internal make up so no two cruisers need to ever be the same again! Let your imagination run wild and show off your creations in online battles
- High detail explosions – A brand new purpose built graphics engine means you won’t miss a single piece of debris as fleets fight for supremacy
- Steam workshop support – One click option to publish and share your bestest ships to Steam workshop
- Hola, Hej, Bonjour – Shipping with English, French, German, Spanish, Dutch and Swedish
- Mod support – Easy to edit text and CSV files readily available
- How many screens? – Built-in and easy to use multi monitor support for all the angles you need
- Charge! – Pre-set formation orders now retain their shape, regardless of number of ships lost
- Give us a lift – Carriers are now required to transport all fighters into the battlefield
- Better drive carefully – Fighters now have limited fuel and need to refuel
Don’t forget to catch all the latest from Cliff Harris by following him on Twitter @cliffski.