Blizzard Entertainment are pleased to announce to you and your readers that, after a little over a week of preparation for the final phase of Technical Alpha testing, Heroes of the Storm is back online with a brand-new patch containing a myriad of changes and new features.
Before detailing these changes, it’s important to note that all Heroes of the Storm Technical Alpha accounts have been reset with today’s patch, which also marks our final planned Heroes of the Storm account wipe and monetary refund:
- All purchases made using real money prior to today’s account wipe have been reset and refunded to your Battle.net Balance
- All in-game Gold earned, as well as any purchases made using Gold, has been wiped clean, along with all experience points, Hero and Player Level progression, Daily Quests, and rewards
- Future updates may still require adjustments or wipes for player progression, but there are no further plans to do this, and it will be avoided whenever possible
Welcome Anub’arak and Azmodan, our latest additions to the Heroes roster!
Double XP Week
- For one week following today’s patch, games played in any matchmaking mode (Practice, Cooperative, and Versus) will award double the normal amount of experience points!
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Pre-Order Bonus
- Valla, the Demon Hunter, is now unlocked and playable for all Technical Alpha testers who previously pre-ordered the Reaper of Souls expansion for Diablo III
All Players Have Been Moved to Their Home Battle.net Region
- Heroes of the Storm now utilizes the friends list that is shared across all other Blizzard games
Custom Games, Observer UI, & Replay System
- Early implementations of Custom games, Observer UI, and Replay System have been added
- For more details, head over to our recent blog on Custom Games, Observer UI, and Replays
To check out all the changes implemented with this patch, don’t hesitate to read our comprehensive blog post.