The anticipated turn-based retro shoot ‘em up, is blasting its way back to Rezzed! After the explosive reception our early prototype received at last year’s Leftfield Collection and a high score breaking combo of successful Kickstarter and Greenlight campaigns – we’re back to show off how much awesome work we’ve done since.
MTS is Sock Thuggery’s first indie game – and it’s a bombastically strange one. Boasting a unique blend of Retro shoot em’ up action, tactical turn-based mechanics and a dynamic dark and twisted story – its Mighty safe to say that this isn’t your average indie game.
- 80’s arcade style side scrolling shoot ‘em up graphics combined with an ultra modern high resolution free flowing turn-based tactical planning interface.
- Visual prediction paths of enemy movements allow you to precisely target your shots and moves. If you think that makes it easy – think again!
- Gravity weapons allow you to bend the path of bullets and enemies. Why tire your trigger finger when you can make them shoot each other and themselves?
- Draw missile paths to precisely target enemies and destructible terrain.
- End of level bosses have a more tactical twist.
- Dealing with bullet hell is about brains, not reflexes.
- Switches, logic traps and bosses that just wouldn’t be possible in a reflex shooter.
- Interact with the three AI buddies (left hand side of the screen) that combine to run your ships systems: Repair Buddy (middle), Gun Buddy (bottom) and Shield Buddy (top). Tinker with their settings until they work the way you want… …just don’t expect them to get along.
- Balance gun power, shield power and repairs during turn planning to reinforce your tactics. Want to bash something? Send more power to Shield Buddy! Need some overkill? Power up Gun Buddy! Need to repair? Stay out of trouble for a while and let Repair Buddy work.
- Manage damage and repairs using a simple and innovative system. Tweak the ship’s inventory and fabrication priorities to suit your style of combat.
- Multiple environments, levels and chapters.
- A darkly twisted plot with a harrowing ending. You’ve got some tough choices to make along the way.
- Achievements based on myriad stats, for both brute force and style.
- Follow drones! Reflecting lasers! Particle beams! Limpet mines!