In a recent study, Streaming Observer found that the average Netflix user spends 1 hour and 11 minutes each day streaming. We decided to take a global perspective on this data and put together a new report which found that collectively, Netflix users watch 164.8 million hours of video per day.
To put that into perspective, Netflix users churn through approximately 496.4 million GB of bandwidth each day. That’s a tooooon of data!
Here’s how we arrived at this conclusion:
- Netflix has 139,259,000 users worldwide as of the end of 2018
- 139,259,000 x 71 minutes = approx. 164,800,000 hours per day.
- Streaming on Netflix uses 1-7GB per hour of content streamed
- The most popular plan, HD, uses 3GB of data per hour
- Over the course of a year, that’s 180.5 billion GB of data consumed by Netflix users
You can view the full report here: https://www.streamingobserver.com/netflix-users-stream-164-million-hours-per-day/