Outbreak: The New Nightmare (Available Now on Steam) is the next chapter in the Outbreak series (Original Also Available Now on Steam!). It will drag you back to the roots of cooperative survival horror in beautiful high-definition 3D. Experience a brutal fight for survival with new characters, weapons, cinematic camera angles, modern gameplay flourishes and much more. You’ll try to survive as you balance a limited inventory, scrounge for supplies and attempt to reach safety. Cooperate with your team and live, or face a horrifying fate. You only have one life. Make it count!
Outbreak: The New Nightmare is a hardcore co-op survival horror shooter inspired by classic gameplay tropes from games like Resident Evil and Silent Hill. It pays homage to these classics through crushing difficulty, random item and enemy placement, limited inventory and more. It is available now on Steam Early Access and will be transitioning to a full release in January 2018. The price for the game will be increasing after that transition.
Outbreak‘s transition to 3D opens up the opportunity for a more cinematic, visceral experience. You’ll be directly in the thick of the action as you navigate through the remains of the destroyed city. Facing a limited inventory, puzzles, diabolical foes and more, it will be a true test of survival. To make matters worse, you only have a SINGLE LIFE. You’ll need to scavenge the environment for weapons, ammunition and other supplies if you have any hope to survive. Knives, handguns, shotguns, revolvers and more are the key to making it out of the nightmare alive. Supporting your team by trading items and watching each other’s backs will also be essential.
As with the original Outbreak, the multiplayer modes run on a cloud-based multiplayer backend. It will not use a P2P connection and you should have virtually no firewall or NAT issues when connecting to friends. With a region selector, you’ll have access to an excellent ping almost anywhere in the world. Outbreak: The New Nightmare supports 4-player online multiplayer co-op, as well as single-player (and offline) in all modes.
- Beauty: Experience the nightmare in beautiful high definition 3D.
- Film: Fixed and panning camera angles bring the cinematic feel.
- Campaign Mode: Experience the story and attempt to escape the quarantine zone.
- Onslaught Mode: Survive endless waves of the undead.
- Experiments Mode: Bonus game modes and challenges.
- Classic: Hardcore survival horror in an unforgiving apocalypse.
- Cast: Choose from unique characters with their own attributes.
- Progression: Earn XP, level up and customize each character.
- Friends: 4-player online co-op multiplayer featuring voice chat.
- Alone: Play single-player offline in all game modes.
- Inventory: Choose wisely, your inventory is dangerously limited.
- Destruction: Numerous firearms, explosives and melee weapons.
- Replay: Semi-random enemy and item layouts.
- Controller: Customizable gamepad, mouse and keyboard controls.
- Worldwide: Cloud-based multiplayer with region selector means no NAT issues.
Outbreak: The New Nightmare has full controller support and is designed for Xbox One and Xbox 360 controllers. In addition, there is fully customizable mouse, keyboard and gamepad controls.
PRICING & AVAILABILITY
Outbreak: The New Nightmare is currently available on Steam Early Access at a discounted price. It will be transitioning to a full release in January 2018 and the price will increase at that time. It is currently on sale for 40% off through November 28, 2017.
The original Outbreak is also available now on Steam:
A single-player only version of Outbreak is also available on Xbox One: