What is Redshift?
Redshift is a free-to-play competitive space shooter, similar to Subspace: Continuum and Silent Death Online. Designed to bring back the glory days of gaming with your friends, it provides a high-action, fast-paced experience, combining persistence, RPG elements, and skill-based gameplay into the perfect multiplayer blend.
You play as a fighter pilot, vying for dominance in a war where a single mistake will cost you your life.
Complete objectives, destroy enemy pilots and work with your team to earn experience and money. Purchase new hulls, weapons and components, and piece them together to create your own personalized fighter.
With millions of potential loadouts, covering everything from bio-engineered hulls to quantum relocators and singularity bombs, no two ships will be the same! Pick a ship, fit it to your own unique play style, and dominate your enemies however you want to.
Redshift is designed to be easy to pick up and play, but very difficult to master. There’s plenty of room for every type of player – those that want to sit back, relax, and enjoy a leisurely flight through space, and those that want their enemies to run in fear whenever they show up.
- Free-to-play: We’re removing one of the biggest barriers between you and the game – your wallet! Getting into the game is completely free, and we have no plans to include pay-for-power options. Any purchases made will not allow you to gain an unfair advantage over other players, and will simply serve as a way to allow us to bring you more quality content in the future.
- True Cross-Platform Support: Friends playing a game of Redshift on their XBox 360? No problem! Pick up your Android, boot up your copy of Redshift, and hop into the same game as them. Seat open up on the 360? Perfect! Use the same account, pilot and ship you were using, no matter what platform you play on.
- Design your ship: Earn money to purchase new hulls, weapons and parts, all that stay with you permanently, allowing you to build and customize your ship from the ground up. With millions of potential loadouts, each player can customize their ship to fit their own unique gameplay style. Every part has a unique effect on gameplay, meaning that there is no “superior” choices – design your ship based on how you want to play the game, rather than how you need to play the game.
- Train your pilot: Pilot skill and talent trees allow players to further develop a unique style of play, complementing their ship design in ways that set you apart from the rest.
- Designed for all types of players: Action-oriented, skill-based gameplay provides a game that is very easy to learn, but difficult to master.
- Competition and e-Sports: We plan to have prize-driven tournaments, rankings and ladders in place for those who wish to test their skill and compete with others around the world.
- Multiplayer focused: With split-screen and true cross-platform online multiplayer support, you never have to play without your friends! Online game modes are split-screen compatible, so grab a few controllers and get your buddies to join in on the fun.
- Epic battles: Huge teams result in large-scale, epic battles. The Squad system creates organized chaos inside of every battle – fight through the odds with your wingmen to complete objectives and ensure your team’s victory.
- Multiple ways to play: With several game modes, each consisting of unique challenges, objectives and gameplay, there will always be something new to try
In this MOBA-style mode, each team controls a battle station with shields that are completely impervious to your weapons. Your objective is to destroy the opposing team’s station. Yes, the one that thinks your weapons feel like a gentle autumn breeze… If battle stations could feel those things.
Sounds impossible? Fear not! Your station will periodically create several waves of AI-controlled fighters, who travel down different paths towards the enemy station. Within each wave is a small escort of defensive fighters and a Juggernaut, a specialized ship carrying an ion cannon capable of disabling the enemy station’s shields and weapons.
In order to succeed, you’ll need to escort the Juggernaut safely to the enemy station and destroy it while it’s shields are disabled, all while ensuring the enemy Juggernauts don’t reach your station.
Every time you successfully take down an enemy Juggernaut, you’ll receive nanites, which you can use to build defensive turrets, create wingmen to support you, or augment your ship with boosts to various attributes.
In this game mode, a mineral-rich asteroid is located in the middle of the combat zone. Each team has their own battlestation. An automated mining vessel travels from each station to the asteroid, mines some minerals, and then returns to the station to drop off it’s cargo.
The objective of the mode is to gather more minerals than the opposing teams. Players must both defend their mining vessel and disrupt the enemy’s mining efforts to succeed.
Destroying a mining vessel provides a unique opportunity – any minerals it was carrying will disperse over a small area, allowing allies and enemies alike to load up the cargo to try to return it to their own station. There is a downside, however – your ship is not designed to carry cargo, and any minerals you carry will hamper your mobility. If you die while carrying minerals, they’ll be up for grabs again! As such, keeping the mining vessel alive is essential to getting minerals back to your station successfully.
In the Deathmatch game mode, players will fight to the death, earning bounty rewards towards their score for each enemy taken down. Bounties increase significantly for particularly tough players, so be prepared to fight off an army if you’re on a kill streak!
In this mode, respawn times are increased, but allies can recover your escape pod to help you respawn faster, providing a perk to running in squads, or bringing wingmen with you.
Environmental hazards play a large role in these matches, so be sure to either avoid them or use them to your advantage!
Who Are We?
Camasa Studios is an independent game development company created from the ground up by industry veterans. While the company is still small, we have a huge amount of experience and knowledge under our belt.
When a new gaming studio is founded, a community is born. A group of fans, followers and players that want to experience something new. Something great.
At Camasa Studios, we realize that community is integral to creating an unforgettable experience. That principle is at the heart of every project we create.
We want to bring back the days where you could build memorable experiences with your friends and make new ones in the process. The days where you would sit on the couch next to each other, laughing and yelling as you obliterated Dave for the thousandth time (Pfft, we all know he deserved it).
We’ve developed Redshift from the ground up with that in mind. Multiplayer and community are core to the experience. To that end, Redshift will be free-to-play, split screen, available on multiple platforms, and provide true cross-platform support, providing numerous game modes that allow cooperative and competitive gameplay in both online or local multiplayer.
We’re not just building a game, we’re building a community.