RIFT, Trion Worlds’ long-running fantasy MMORPG, is getting a massive expansion with Starfall Prophecy, the game’s first premium expansion since going free-to-play in 2013. Available for pre-order now starting at $39.99, Starfall Prophecy will dramatically increase the size of the World of Telara and give players five new zones, two new dungeons, one raid, and much more, in addition to significant technical upgrades utilizing the latest Multicore and 64-bit client technology.
New features in the expansion include:
- Explore a Brave New World – The Planes of Telara gain five massive new zones, two new dungeons to explore, and one new raid in Starfall Prophecy. Participating in Raids has never been easier with the new Looking for Raid system, and the new Personal Loot system ensures players always get the best items for their class.
- Build Your Perfect Character – Starfall Prophecy increases the player level cap to 70, adds a new crafting tier, more guild levels, and allows players to gain Legendary Powers, which build upon the game’s unique Soul system and offers even more customization options. New, special types of equipment called Eternal Items have also been added, and new Planar Fragments will allow players to further empower their gear.
- Massive Battles – For the first time, players can take part in Fortress Sieges, open-world battles that increase in complexity and size, spanning from solo battles, to groups, to even Raids. Players will also be able to jump into instant adventures whilst in the heart of a Rift through the new Rift Assault Adventures.
RIFT 4.0: Starfall Prophecy is optional, premium content and can be pre-ordered beginning today on the Starfall Prophecy page:
- Standard Edition: £30.49 – Contains Instant Level 65 boost, Starfall Prophecy content across all characters
- Deluxe Edition: £45.99 – Contains everything from the Standard edition along with an Ethereal Drake Mount, Asha Catari’s Raiment and the Ring of Ahnket character portrait.
“We look forward to delivering this expansion the way our players overwhelmingly wanted it: One simple purchase, instead of encountering potential surprises like equipment slot and loot rights purchases, as we did with our previous expansion,” said Chris Junior, RIFT Game Director at Trion. “You spoke, we’re right here and listening. We agree that simple and fair is better.”
A demo of the new content will also be viewable at Trion’s Gamescom booth (C.024 in Hall 2.1) in Cologne, Germany from August 17 – 19.
For additional details on RIFT 4.0 Starfall Prophecy, please visit the official www.starfallprophecy.com/.
RIFT is Trion World’s wildly successful, fantasy free-to-play MMO. Originally launched in March 2011, RIFT puts players into the role of the Ascended as they fight to defend the elemental world of Telara and cleanse the world of the threat of dragons. Now celebrating its five year anniversary, RIFT continues to thrive with more updates to come.