Picaresque and Fish Eagle announce release date for Nantucket – a seafaring strategy game based on Moby Dick
Picaresque Studio, an experienced Italian developer, is delighted to announce a partnership with Fish Eagle, to publish Nantucket, a seafaring strategy game based on Moby Dick, due for launch on January 18th 2018.
Set in the golden era of American whaling in the early 19th century, Nantucket takes place shortly after the events in the Pequod, where Captain Ahab and his crew lost their lives to Moby Dick. As Ishmael, the sole survivor of the Pequod, you’ll explore the seven seas, captain your ship, fight pirates and hunt whales, whilst on the lookout for your old foe, Moby Dick, in search of the ultimate redemption.
Nantucket is a game like no other, and explores the fiction of the time in a detailed world to explore, manage and conquer, including:
- EXPLORE THE SEVEN SEAS: Set sail around the world, visit cities, and increase your prestige by hunting whales, landing jobs, and searching for new adventures.
- BE THE CAPTAIN YOU WANT TO BE: Develop your character in true RPG fashion, by increasing your stats, choosing your reactions, and developing your seafaring skills.
- MANAGE YOUR SHIP AND CREW: Hire and manage your crew, give them tasks on your ship, and improve your ship with new compartments, expanding your ship’s capabilities.
- EXPERIENCE THE GOLDEN AGE OF WHALING: Experience more than a thousand unique events tailored around your choices and face the consequences of your actions.
- HUNT WHALES AND FIGHT PIRATES: Discover new whaling areas, hunt whales for blubber, and protect your ship from pirates using a turn-based combat system.
- CHASE AFTER MOBY DICK: Follow an original storyline and complete quests to unveil the secrets behind Moby Dick and dissolve Ahab’s curse.
Marco Mantoan, Designer, Picaresque Studio commented, “Since the original Steam Greenlight, we’ve been developing a game we feel is unique in its setting, a love letter to Moby Dick and the strategy genre.” He continued, “We’re excited to be working with Fish Eagle, utilising its international expertise to help us bring Nantucket to more fans around the world.”
Richard Benn, Managing Director, Fish Eagle said, “When finding partners, we chose the partners that have a great concept, and Nantucket stands apart in the genre. Picaresque Studio’s drive and passion has delivered a game they can be proud of, which will feel fresh for strategy fans, and deliver a truly unique experience.”
Nantucket is available to add to your wish list now: http://store.steampowered.com/app/621220
Nantucket releases on January 18th 2018 on Steam and other leading PC storefronts.
To learn more about Nantucket, please visit the official webpage: http://www.picaresquestudio.com/nantucketgame/
For more information on Fish Eagle, please visit http://www.fisheagle.com.pt/