This is the Ambassador on the roof the Justice Corp HQ Building is the Powers Testing Center showing the streetsweeper power set.
The new video reveals the following:
- Ambassador is the featured superhero in this video. While the devs have not yet formally announced a change, this version of Ambassador has some upgrades in terms of muscularity and animations. We’ve been told that the two male models in the game are both being enhanced.
- In this update we learn that the Ambassador, one of the most powerful superheroes of the future, not only has superpowers, but combines his powers with futuristic human and alien technology to magnify his abilities and support his combat role aboard the ship.
- SoH game mechanics are being discussed more openly; the Street Sweeper powerset has two tank taunt powers being shown off for the first time, and one can infer some possible attack chains just by watching. This powerset is mostly single-target, and the attacks mostly deliver damage, extra threat, and defense debuffs.
- With the publication of this video, the dev team has completed their June development schedule, and they have announced an addition to the schedule for July. Ship of Heroes is unusual in that they both publish and achieve technical schedules for their new indie title, often six months or more in advance.
- The devs at Ship of Heroes continue to uniquely deliver by showing off player powers more than two years before scheduled launch of the game.
- The devs have promised to reveal at least eight powersets, and approximately 70 powers, during the course of 2017. They have shown two full powersets so far, and over 30 powers in real gameplay. While some animations and FX are placeholders, the devs are delivering AAA work so far, which is a great sign for an indie game that is still in the pre-Alpha phase.
- As usual, the powers demonstrated in this video were produced from an executable version of the game, and not in the Unreal Engine 4 editor. The powers illustrate the real experience a player would have. The cut scenes before and after the powers demo are game trailers.
Ship of Heroes expects to begin Alpha testing at the end of 2017.