Spiral House Ltd. have announced their next game ‘Troll and I’, currently being featured on the Square Enix Collective for 28days.
Established in 1998, the company has a successful track record for developing and assisting on many major key titles, including the successful titles MotorStorm, Silver, and PlayStation Vita Pets. www.spiralhouse.co.uk
TROLL AND I:
‘Troll and I’ is being developed for PC (Steam), PS4 (PSN) and Xbox One (Xbox LIVE) using our own internally developed tools and technology; the first episode is currently scheduled for release fourth quarter 2015 (TBC).
Gameplay footage and a promotion video will be available mid-March 2015.
Set in the 1950’s, in the harsh, demanding landscape of Northern Europe, ‘Troll and I’ is a third person, episodic, action adventure in which the player takes (flip flop) control of two unlikely friends; a young boy called Otto who is agile, skilful with a spear and deft with melee weapons; and a giant, magical Troll, also in his infancy and yet to learn and harness the magical abilities of his kin.
“ After a disaster destroys his village, a young boy named Otto is forced to run, leaving his family and friends behind to fend for himself in a harsh, demanding landscape. But in the midst of chaos and from the desire to survive, Otto befriends a Troll. Together they embark on a journey that explores the friendship and emotional depth of human and beast as they trek across a devastated landscape that has concealed many secrets… until now!”
- Single Player, direct control, dual protagonist teamwork with boy and magic troll
- Multiplayer, co-op play
- Melee and long range combat
- Crafting, melee and long range weapons
- Survival, hunt animals and forage for food
- Puzzle solve
- Explore, climb, jump using both characters individually or together as a team
- Skills and abilities, upgrade with skill points
- Varying enemies and factions
- Collectable’s, Troll lore, Troll Hunter plans
- Varying gameplay approach
Please visit http://collective.square-enix.com/projects/99/troll-and-i for more information.