Big Bang Digital 2020 – science, engineering & Covid-19 is a celebration of the work of scientists and engineers in a pandemic.
The non-for-profit organisation is hosting free back to back sessions designed to give young people an understanding and appreciation of the incredible contribution scientists, healthcare professionals, engineers, technicians and students have made in responding to Covid-19.
TV & Radio Science Presenter, Podcaster & YouTuber Greg Foot will be hosting live, exploring the topic with a range of guests, putting audience questions to the experts and bringing his usual energy and enthusiasm to the day.
The event includes a talk by environment charity Plastic Oceans UK, featuring exclusive videos from Sir David Attenborough, a session where young people can learn about vaccines and immunity from the UK’s leading scientists, a talk with a creative engineer who designed an electronic lanyard that gives off an alert when people are too close to encourage social distancing, to name a few.
The sessions will vary in how long they are and many will be followed by a live Q&A with the host.
Big Bang Digital 2020 – science, engineering & Covid-19 will see the following sessions taking place:
- Environment Agency: Rebuilding a greener future
- Plastic Oceans UK: New habits to protect the planet: the environmental impact of staying at home
- GSK: The worldwide race to develop a vaccine
- RS Components: Designing a social distancing lanyard
- Harper Adams University: Feeding the nation
- Thames Water: Keeping the water flowing
- Network Rail: Staying on track: keeping the railway moving
- Imperial College London: Designing a low-cost ventilator
- BBC Gastronaut Stefan Gates: I can STEM a rainbow
- Ask the experts: your questions about the virus
- Young talent against Covid-19: Presenter Fayon Dixon in conversation with inspiring young people, all Big Bang Competition winners, talking about their role in the pandemic response.
To watch, learn about and celebrate the incredible contribution of scientists, healthcare professionals, engineers, technicians and students in responding to the pandemic at Big Bang Digital 2020 – science, engineering & Covid-19, please visit www.digitalbigbang.co.uk on Tuesday 14th July, from 10am.
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here