The Town of Light
LKA’s first game selected to be at Insomnia2015, Busan Indie Connect, Boston Festival of Indie Games and Indie Games Paris.
LKA.it, an independent developer based in Florence, Italy, is proud to announce that has been selected to be present at various shows across the world in the ramp up to Christmas.
After a number of successful appearance this year at the Bit Summit in Tokyo, Develop 2015 and Gamescom 2015, for the first time ever The Town of Light will be at the below events fully playable for both media and consumers:
- INSOMNIA GAMING FESTIVAL (), Coventry, UK – from 28th to 31st of August.
- BUSAN INDIE CONNECT FESTIVAL (http://www.eng.bicfest.org/), Busan, Korea 9th and 10th September.
- BOSTON FESTIVAL OF INDIE GAMES (), Boston, US – 12th September.
- INDIE GAMES PARIS (), Paris, France – 18th and 19th of September.
“We are flattered to be selected to showcase our first ever project, a game that born from a personal interest in the history of mental institution and mental illness, something that is rarely tackled by videogames. We were only 2 when we started and we are very proud we are now a full 12 people strong team working together to deliver our vision” said Luca Dalco’, creative director of The Town of Light.
The Town of Light is a first-person psychological thrillerset in the Volterra Psychiatric Asylum, shutted down in the late ‘900 by a law from 1978 Italian government (which instructed to close all the asylums together, contextually giving back civil right to their patients).
The game will be played through the fictional eyes of Renée, an imaginary 16 years old girl that suffers from symptoms of mental illness.
The adventure starts at present days, near the Asylum.
Renee’s voice will guides the player, which will try to find her forgotten and blurred memories through her eyes, her fears and her personal drama whilst exploring an environment full of realistic documents and locations as they were back in time as well as they are today.
The Town of Light is a game that want to keep memories of what’s happened alive, focusing on mental illness issues that exists in our society.
The Town of Light has been developed with Unity game engine for PC, Mac, Linux and will be release in Fall 2015.
- Inspired by true stories.
- Set in one of the biggest asylum in Europe
- Over 7000 square meters of the real Volterra Asylum
- Rich bibliography about the history of mental institutions based on extensive research
- Nonlinear gameplay experience will allow different evolution of the main story
- Native support for Oculus Rift
- Best Story and Storytelling award at Paris Game Connection 2014
- Geekie Awards Los Angeles 2014 finalist