Coffee Stain Publishing and Easy Trigger Games are pumped to reveal that Huntdown, the 80s inspired bounty hunting pixel art action comedy shooter will be coming to screens near you on May 12th. The 16-bit platformer will launch on PS4, Xbox One, Switch and PC exclusively on the Epic Games Store, and offers partners in cleansing crime the option to hunt in pairs with local co-op, or go lone wolf in the mean streets of mayhem. Set in a bleak dystopian future where sadistic gangs rule and cops fear to tread, only three legendary bounty hunters have the arsenal and killer instincts to take back the city from the corrupt fist of felony.
Inspired by the action movies and pop culture of the 80s with a gritty, violent twist, Huntdown is an old school arcade side scroller for the modern bounty hunter. The slick platformer features hand painted 16-bit pixel art graphics and hand-drawn animations, combined with fluid action-packed 60-FPS gameplay and an epic 80s soundtrack pumping dark wave, industrial synth, hard rock and electro through 20 unique levels.
- Two player local co-op
- Three legendary bounty hunters to play as:
- Anna Conda: Ex-commando and firearms expert. A loose-cannon trained to assassinate without question or mercy.
- John Sawyer: Special forces cop who left the law behind. This scarred veteran has lost so many limbs in combat he’s half robot.
- Mow Man: Modified recon droid, stolen and empowered with banned software. Trades bodies for cold hard cash.
- 20 levels: Gritty, neon soaked, graffiti strewn 80s cityscapes to cleanse, each with their own infamous gang boss to terminate and bounty to collect.
- Unique gangs to target:
- Hoodlum Dolls: Violent feral punks winning the gang war with the toothless authorities
- Misconducts: Organised hockey hooligans, experts in robbery and extortion with a penchant for explosives
- The Heatseekers: Murderous motorcycle club. These rockabilly villains style themselves on the centurions of Ancient Rome
- NO.1 Suspects: Masters of discipline and organised crime. Martial arts experts, these slick psychopaths control the night through their casinos and nightclubs
- Choose your weapon: Confiscate machine guns, laser weapons, katanas, grenades and more, and turn them on their owners. Stab, shoot and explode your way through swathes of gangs and bosses and collect your bounty.
“Huntdown is a twisted love letter to over the top, old school 80s action movies and arcade games. Many associate the era with optimism and sunburned characters in white tuxes driving a Ferrari Testarossa against a warm sunset. Not Huntdown. We wanted to capture the grit of the era, leaning more on the likes of Bladerunner, RoboCop and Terminator” said Tommy Gustafsson, Co-founder, Designer & Director, Easy Trigger Games.
“The game began taking shape when we were reminiscing about old consoles we grew up with, how a lot of the best features from these games had been lost somewhere by developers since. We created a list of these features, and hatched a plan to create Huntdown,” said Andreas Rehnberg, Co-founder & Lead Programmer, Easy Trigger Games.
“Huntdown is a very special project for us as it’s the first game we signed as a publisher when we came onboard in 2017. We were initially planning to launch in 2018 but Easy Trigger just kept coming back to us with these amazing ideas for the game and we wanted them all,” said Anton Westbergh, CEO & Co-founder, Coffee Stain. “They’ve been meticulous in the development process and given that we thought the game was pretty much done and awesome in 2017, you can imagine how much we love it now.”
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here