Summer vacations are over, but that doesn’t mean the fun has to end! There’s something for everyone in September, with new and exciting special events, maps, vehicles, and opportunities to earn vehicles and prizes coming to World of Tanks: Mercenaries throughout the month!
The first major event of the month is Take Point, a new earn Op where you can complete tasks in-game to earn prizes! Simply win battles and complete daily Ops to rack up points– the more points you get, the more prizes you earn! There are 10 different stages of prizes, ranging from Silver, Consumables and Premium time, to a mighty Premium tank in the form of the Scourge Kirovets-1! The Scourge has excellent armor, making it well-primed for direct attacks, and a formidable vehicle to add to your collection. Take Point is running until September 28, so hit the battlefield and get busy earning!
We’re also proud to be observing Tankman Day, a national day of great importance in Russia which honors the role of tankmen in World War II. To commemorate this special day, players around the world will be able to get x3 XP on first victories on September 8 and 9. There’s even a special Tankman Day Emblem you can add to your favorite tanks in the ‘Customization’ tab!
You’ll be able to Fight For Your Academy in another new event running from September 19-23. All players will be randomly assigned to one of six Academies, with a special emblem voucher allowing you to champion your Academy’s colors while in battle. When you’re ready to battle, you need to work together with other players in your Academy from around the world to prove that you’re the best! Earn the most XP in battles throughout the event to score completions for your Academy, with players in the Academy with the most completions scoring Premium time and Crew Vouchers!
Alexander the Great wept when he had no more worlds left to conquer, but with a fan favorite map returning to rotation for Multiplayer battles on September 18, you’ll have no such troubles! Get ready to explore the Hidden Village, a quaint and secret hideaway in the mountains. The village doesn’t look ready for war, so do be careful not to cause too much damage as you’re exploring its strategic possibilities…
The Mercenaries roster is continuing to expand this month, with even more Contracts becoming available for powerful vehicles with unique Mercenary Crews at the helm. You even have a chance to take on Contracts for tanks you may have missed in the last few months! Head to the Mercenaries Tech Tree in-game to try and earn the following tanks for free in the coming weeks:
- SmoothMan (available September 18): a mobile Medium Tank with great armor. It’s captained by Blood Falcon, an all-American hero with an incredible fighting spirit.
- Caboose (available September 18): a Light Tank that’s a potent union of Japanese and German engineering prowess. It’s manned by Hidden Death, a Chinese Mercenary who fights to protect and support his family.
- Thresher (available September 25): a well-armored Light Tank with an aggressive weapon. It’s operated by Dark Fox, a New Zealander who served under British command during World War II before going rogue and seeking revenge against Axis forces.
- Stubbs (available September 25): a reckless Light Tank that moves like a snake and strikes with the same rapid intensity. It was commandeered by Crazy Snake, an erratic, aggressive, and unhinged Mercenary who can wind up and distract enemies as his teammates go for the jugular.
- Bulwark (available September 25): a hulking Heavy Tank that can soak up a lot of punishment on behalf of its allies. It’s under the command of Exiled Wolf, a self-reliant and formidable American Mercenary.
The very first Premium Mercenary vehicle is also available in the Store until October 2! The incredible Trinity Mk II is a modified version of the tank that completed a daring mission in War Stories: The Heist, and it has plenty of hellraising new features to give it an edge on the battlefield. It’s got excellent defensive capabilities, with a triple layer of outstanding spaced armor making it one of the most well-armored Medium Tanks in the game. The Trinity Mk II is also captained by the exclusive Sonic Valkyrie crew, an Italian freedom fighter who can repair tracks quickly and has a lower chance of taking critical damage!
Whether you’re a new recruit or a seasoned veteran, there’s plenty to keep you busy out on the battlefield in World of Tanks: Mercenaries this September! To stay on top of all the latest news and events coming to the game, visit the official portal: