Team17 and Studio Koba have launched Narita Boy, a neo-nostaligic ‘RetroVania’ love letter to the 1980s, for PC, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One. As the eponymous hero, Narita Boy whisks players to the Digital Kingdom to wield and master the trichroma Techno-Sword against the evil of HIM and the Stallions, rogue code that threaten the kingdom’s future. Featuring classic adventure gameplay and a narrative that unfolds the secrets and memories of the kingdom’s real-world creator, Narita Boy is a homage to digital times gone by, but not forgotten.
- Go back to the future: A homage to the eighties with a new spin on classic gameplay styles, Narita Boy takes players back in time for a blast from the past
- You have the power!: The Techno-Sword can be used alongside mysterious magic so that players can carve and blast their way through enemies great and small
- Might as well jump: The classic 2D platformer will see players explore imaginative landscapes and navigate a plethora of pixel art environments
- Pixel-perfect story: Encounter weird and wonderful digitised characters on a journey to discover the secrets of the Digital Kingdom and its elusive creator
- Pump up the jam: Inspired by the glory days of analogue synthesizers, the pumping soundtrack turns back the clock for this techno-journey.
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here