Publisher Daedalic Entertainment and developer AtomicTorch Studio have released a new free content update for the sci-fi multiplayer survival RPG CryoFall introducing dedicated PvE servers, one of the community’s most requested features. Players interested in peaceful exploration, survival and community-building on CryoFall’s alien world can now enjoy the game in cooperation with each other more fully without the pressure of bloodshed.
In addition, several improvements have been made based on community feedback to balance PvP servers, where going rogue is always an option and survival of the fittest is ultimately all that matters. To decrease the likelihood players log back on to find their bases and possessions devastated, a new 7-10 PM local time raiding window* has been introduced to ensure that most raids happen when players are likely to be online to fight back directly. But this doesn’t mean PvP players can rest easy. Bombs now do more damage, and the chests that protect your belongings can now be more easily opened by invaders.
CryoFall delivers a complex survival experience with unlimited opportunities for players to make their mark on a hostile alien world full of secrets, dangers and wealth. Discover new ways of farming, hunting, cooking, crafting, mining, building and trading, with multiple specializations available per character. Work with your fellow players to build a functional new society, or succumb to the most basic of urges and take what others have worked so hard to build. Whether you choose PvE or PvP, CryoFall offers a richly varied gameplay experience, featuring:
- Complex crafting and industrial system, including oil refining and lithium extraction.
- Various stages of technological progress (primitive, industrial, modern, post-modern, sci-fi).
- Farming with complex crop growth simulation, fertilizers, etc., and diverse cooking options.
- Wide range of player interactions and roles with specialization options emphasizing meaningful interactions, rather than just combat.
- Fully functional economy simulation with coin minting, trading and automated vending machines managed by players.
- Carefully handcrafted maps and locations (plus map editor).
- Storyline elements discovered through exploration.
- Diverse environments with several biomes (temperate, desert, tropical, boreal, wasteland, etc.).
- In-house developed Renkei Engine™, allowing hundreds of players on the same server.
- Complex character simulation with several dozens of status effects (e.g., bleeding, poisoning, radiation, etc.).
- Extensive modding capabilities, including real-time code editing.
CryoFall is currently available for Windows PC via Steam Early Access and for a limited time will be priced at £12.79 / €15.99 which is 20% off its regular price.