This document summarizes why the Ship of Heroes team thinks the Operation Valhalla Video is interesting.
- Testing a game’s limits during construction is extremely commonplace. Showing them to the public is much less common. The devs at Heroic Games are giving us a peek behind the curtain and showing one of their testing protocols as they prepare for another community event this weekend.
- The SoH devs discuss the many factors that affect a player’s FPS. Computer hardware, including the graphics card, the internet connection, the graphics settings, and even the time of day can all have an impact; still, they are trying to ensure a good outcome for every player. In these tests, FPS seems to range from the low 50s with 60 characters on the screen to 25-30 with 150 characters on the screen. For a game with a modern graphics engine, this is awesome.
- In the newsletter that accompanies this video, the devs give some examples of FPS from other MMOs. This is a complex subject, but they seem to be comparable to or better than other top games. We know from prior tests and videos that FPS is a focus of the Heroic Games dev team. They think that a game can’t be too laggy, or players won’t enjoy it.
- The fighting in this video is intense. We’re told that during the upcoming community event starting on August 15th, the devs can dial up or dial down the level of difficulty depending upon how the players do. In their simulator, some runs of this battle have the heroes dying many times. One goal of the event is to dial in on a good level of difficulty for the average Ship of Heroes player.
- This invasion test has been long-anticipated by the SoH community. The devs plan to repeat it until most of the interested community members have had a chance to fight in Apotheosis City…
Ship of Heroes has conducted five successful alpha and beta tests: one in 2017, two in 2018, a major character creator Beta in 2019, and their open community event a few months ago in 2020. Invasion testing begins soon, and will likely be followed by closed Beta testing of mission arcs in a couple of months.
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here