Ship of Heroes has posted an update to their CCT
- The Ship of Heroes developer team is showing off half a dozen new costumes that they have added to their character creation tool (CCT). The focus this week is on mage costumes, because in the Ship of Heroes setting, magic is much more powerful in space. In addition, a cool bounty hunter costume is being revealed for the first time.
- The SoH devs have built a system in which all of the pieces shown, and all of the prior costumes that have been revealed, are mixable. That is, you can choose the bounty hunter chest piece, and the mage pants, and the medieval warrior headband, and so on. They have some sort of system to keep the pieces from interfering with each other, and to suppress clipping. As far as I know, only a few major MMOs like SWTOR still enable this feature in the MMORPG space.
- The devs are also open about the fact that their costumes are 3D objects, ones that very slightly change the dimensions of your character, the way real clothing and armor would. They are not just textures painted onto a naked body model, which was the style for MMOs 20 years ago. Each piece can be independently colored and modified, and each one changes size to fit your character’s proportions, which can also be modified.
- As a former City of Heroes player, I can tell you that when Ship of Heroes finally launches, this indie game will have a much larger collection of costumes and armor than CoH had when it launched back in 2004. For an Indie team, that is impressive.
- Another point that we can take from this newsletter is that players will be allowed to use, and to modify, cool costumes from the games’ NPC players and villains. We think this is awesome since it means we’ll never be dressed worse than the enemies we are fighting against.
- All of these new costumes simply reinforce one the key features of Ship of Heroes: your character can truly be unique. One of a kind. Not only in appearance, but also in power selection and in combat stats. This is a feeling that more games need to provide.
Ship of Heroes is currently publishing a steady stream of content about mission creation. The next published video is supposed to reveal how they create mission maps for the game. The devs have also said they want to start a community-based mission-testing program in the near future and to launch the game in 2021, but no precise date has been set as of yet.
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here