More than one and a half years after the full release of the turn based tactical RPG Battle Brothers, developer Overhype Studios is announcing the game’s first expansion. The Beasts & Exploration DLC will be available for download on Steam for € 9.99 from November 29, 2018, adding lots of new features and additional content to the game. With the expansion, the Hamburg-based developer is responding to extremely positive feedback from its players, who have been longing for an encore.
“We’re very proud of the community we have built since early access and the full release of Battle Brothers”, says Overhype’s CEO and co-founder, Jan Taaks. “With Battle Brothers we were able to develop the kind of game that we ourselves have always waited and hoped for in vain. It turned out that there are a number of gamers who share our passion for challenging and thrilling turn based tactical gameplay. We’re that much more excited for the chance to present new content in Beasts & Exploration and to share it with our players. We can’t wait to see their reactions.”
The Beasts & Exploration DLC expands the world of Battle Brothers by an additional 25% of its current size, adding a plethora of new features:
- Legendary Locations – hidden legendary locations attract adventurers with mysterious lore, challenging opponents and unique rewards.
- New Opponents – five challenging beasts with unique mechanics populate different locations as well as three fearsome bosses who guard valuable treasure.
- Crafting – trophies from slain beasts can now be crafted into cloaks, armor plating for warriors and wardogs, shields, potions and other items.
- Customizable Gear – the new armor attachment system allows you to modify your armor with cloaks, shoulderguards and other benefits. Use the new paint items to paint shields and helmets in the color of your choice.
- New Weapons and Armor – A collection of new weapons and armor allow for new play styles and strategies.
- New Contracts and Events – Thanks to new contracts, mercenaries can engage in profitable beast hunting and exploration and experience new elaborately illustrated events.
- New Music – Two new tracks accompany adventurers on their journey.
- New Achievements – Players can unlock 10 new achievements on Steam or GOG.
“The DLC will make the world of Battle Brothers even more immersive, rewarding players’ thirst for adventure with new challenges, encounters and items. After the release, we will naturally continue applying bug fixes and balance changes to the new content, based on our community’s feedback”, concludes Taaks.