This Saturday May 2nd global games day, YANA, will take place on Facebook Gaming and Twitch and even more big name brands have signed up to support the initiative.
With the world currently on lockdown video games have been a driving force in connecting people. YANA was designed to encourage gamers around the world to unite through their favourite games to show that isolation doesn’t have to be isolating while also promoting social distancing.
Originally a 12-hour livestream YANA has now been extended and will run from 6am BST on the 2nd to midnight BST and will be a global event spanning Southeast Asia, CIS, Middle East, Europe and North America.
We are sharing an update on the latest brands, talent and events to confirm in case this is of interest for news. The current broadcast schedule can be found at YANA.gg.
- Rugby Club Esports Cup – with Premiership Rugby: Fortnite Squad Tournament with professional rugby players from several Premiership Club (including current England Squad members) team up with Pro Fortnite players along with fans to make a squad of 15. Commentated by rugby legends, Austin Healey and Ben Kay.
- BT in the Seat: Leading British esports team Excel and their Official Lead Partner, BT will offer eight spots to fans to play alongside professional League of Legends esports players. Two pro players will act as team captains coaching fans in a best of one match. The winning team will receive free BT broadband for a year.
- Chicken Dinner At Home: PUBG MOBILE by Tencent Games and PUBG Corporation will host a “Chicken Dinner At Home” event. The four hour live stream will feature custom rooms and top PUBG MOBILE influencers, including Powerbang Gaming who has over 1.5m subscribers, will be invited to an online show match.
- YANA Teamfight Tactics For The Children’s Society: Presented by AFK Creators, eight of the worlds best Teamfight Tactics streamers from around the world will compete in a best of two show match of the epic auto battler set within the League of Legends universe to raise funds for the Children’s Society.
- ABB Formula E Race at Home Challenge: In support of UNICEF all teams and drivers from the ABB FIA Formula E Championship and a selection of the fastest drivers from the games community will compete in a “race royale” style format blending the real and gaming worlds. The winning gamer will receive real-life track time during a Formula E event.
- Additional supporting partners include: Ubisoft, Barclays, Facebook Gaming, Kinguin, Wargaming, Sports Interactive and Formula E
- Talent confirmed:
- Football clubs taking part in FIFA 20 YANA Cup Supported by Barclays: AS Roma, Brøndby IF, LAFC, LDN UTD, Malmo FF, NoFuchsGiven and Real Betis
- Esports organisations: Fnatic, Ninjas in Pyjamas, North, Team Secret and Natus Vincere
- Athletes competing in the Zwift Race: cycling pro teams- Canyon SRAM, Arkea-Samsic and Vitus Pro Cycling
- Rugby Club Esports Cup: Bath Rugby, Exeter Chiefs, Gloucester Rugby, Leicester Tigers, Northampton Saints, Saracens and Worcester Warriors
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here