BIOSTAR debuts two mATX motherboards for the 1st and 2nd generation AMD AM4 Ryzen processors with the BIOSTAR B450MHC and BIOSTAR B450MH. Both BIOSTAR B450 motherboards include features found in higher-end motherboards to take full advantage of the 2nd Gen Ryzen processors. The BIOSTAR B450MHC and BIOSTAR B450MH support DDR4-1866/ 2133/ 2400/ 2667/ 2933/ 3200(OC), 1x PCIe 3.0 x16 slot, 2x PCIe 2.0 slots, 4x SATA III connectors, 1 x M.2 (B450MH only), 6x USB 3.1 Gen1 (5Gb/s) ports (4 on rear I/Os and 2 via internal headers) 6x USB 2.0 ports (2 on rear I/Os and 4 via internal headers) and more.
AMD AM4 B450 Chipset and Higher-End Features for Gamers
The BIOSTAR B450MHC and BIOSTAR B450MH are built with higher-end features to keep up with gamer demands. The B450 chipset gives gamers the option to overclock the CPU to take full advantage of the full graphic settings (not usually found in mid-range motherboards). The chipset has an efficient idle power to draw less than 2W, saving power and reducing heat when not in use. The B450 also has enhanced VRM and memory routing specifications, a featured originally introduced with the X470 design.
Speed+: USB 3.1 Gen1, SATA3, M.2, DDR4 up to 3200(OC)
- 4x 6 Gbps SATA3 ports for internal drives
- 1x M.2 (32Gb/s) which supports PCI-E & SATA SSD (B450MH only)
- 6x USB 3.1 Gen1 (5Gb/s) ports (4 on rear I/Os and 2 via internal headers)
- Dual-DIMM DDR-4 up to 32GB: 1866/ 2133/ 2400/ 2667/ 2933/ 3200(OC)
Video+: DX12 and Integrated HDMI
- DirectX 12 to take our gaming to the next level by maximizing the graphics potential of your computer
- Integrated HDMI to output HD resolution graphics to your monitor
Audio+: HD Audio
- Audio+ ensures high-definition audio with minimal loss of audio fidelity with the help of AudioArt Capacitor.
Protection+: ESD Protection, USB Polys witch, OC, OV, OT Protection, Super LAN Surge Protection, Super Anti-Surge Protection
- A set of protective features against current overvoltage, overload, over temperature along with anti-surge protection. Iron Heart Protection on the other hand offers support for heavy CPU coolers to avoid PCB bending.
DIY+: BIO-Flasher, eHot-Line Utility and BIOScreen Utility
- BIO-Flasher – update BIOS effortlessly from a USB flash drive before entering the OS.
- eHot-Line Utility – an integrated e-service automatically sends technical support requests to Biostar’s tech support team.
- BIOScreen Utility – personalize and create your own style with unique custom boot logo
Rear I/O Ports
The BIOSTAR B450MHC and B450MH rear I/O ports includes: 1x PS/2 keyboard/mouse, 1x HDMI, 1x VGA, 1x Realtek RTL 8111H GbE LAN port, 4x USB 3.1 Gen1 (5Gb/s) ports, 2x USB 2.0 ports and 3 x Audio Connectors.
The BIOSTAR B450MHC and B450MH are the latest AMD AM4 Ryzen 2 compatible motherboards for mainstream gamers looking to boost their gaming performance at an affordable price.
Pricing & Availability
BIOSTAR B450MHC MSRP: $60
BIOSTAR B450MH MSRP: $65