Riot Games, the developer and publisher of League of Legends: Wild Rift, today expanded the game’s Regional Open Beta to players in the Americas.
Players will have full access to Wild Rift on Android or iOS, and Riot continues to offer an open invitation to everyone to (re-)join the world and community of League of Legends.
Following the success of the Regional Open Beta in Europe and Asia, where Wild Rift topped the charts in local app marketplaces, Riot hopes to continue to share the magic and competitive fun of League with players on new platforms, regardless of their skill level or previous experience.
At the same time, a new content patch (Patch 2.2), featuring several new champions and skins, player-requested features, balance adjustments and bugfixes, will roll out to players worldwide.
PATCH 2.2 HIGHLIGHTS
Throughout April and May, players will have access to:
- 5 NEW CHAMPIONS: Several new “monstrous” characters will bolster Wild Rift’s 61-champ roster: Galio, the Colossus; Rammus, the Armordillo; Kha’Zix, the Voidreaver; Rengar, the Pridestalker, and Renekton, the Butcher of the Sands.
- ALL RANDOM ALL MID: A player-favorite game mode from League on PC, All Random All Mid (ARAM) will be in testing from April 5th to 8th, then April 15th to May 19th. ARAM is a 12-minute all-out brawl between two teams given random champions, amping Wild Rift’s gameplay to get right into chaotic teamfights.
- A NEW RANKED SEASON: For competitive players, Ranked will be back with new rewards! For reaching Gold with 10 or more wins, players can pick up Glorious Jinx.
- THE WILD PASS: Wild Rift’s take on a battle pass, the Wild Pass offers Blue Motes and Poro Coins just for playing, and players can choose to upgrade for 590 Wild Cores (around $6) for a whole lot more. To supercharge progress, the Wild Pass Elite is also available for an additional 400 WC. Reaching level 50 on the Wild Pass grants the universe-trekking exclusive skin, Hexplorer Jax.
- REWARDING EVENTS: Get a head start on champs and content through the Americas-exclusive Wild Welcome event; pick up bonuses for your previous investment in League on PC with Rift-to-Rift Rewards; and later, pick a side in League’s most dangerous rivalry as Rengar and Kha’Zix go claw-to-claw in Masters of the Hunt.
- NEW IN-GAME ITEMS: Tank players will have more choices and tools to play around with, as a host of new and adjusted items, including Frozen Heart, Force of Nature, and Sunfire Aegis, are headed to Patch 2.2.
For more information on all things Wild Rift, check out wildrift.leagueoflegends.com.
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here