Daedalic Entertainment is excited to announce that State of Mind will launch on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and Steam for both PC and Mac on 15th August, 2018.
Developed in Unreal Engine, State of Mind takes a sharp look at the immense technological promise the world we live in by jumping us forward to Berlin in 2048. Players take on the role of Richard Nolan, a journalist whose life is starting to fall apart. His wife and child have disappeared and his memories are slipping away.
“State of Mind is a game about transhumanism and its all-in bet on the future,” explains the game’s author, Martin Ganteföhr. “It is, however, not a game about the technology of tomorrow, but about tomorrow’s people. In the center of this narrative is the motif of separation and reunion. What happens, if the future creates fractures between body and mind? Between reality and constructs? Between biological and virtual ego?”
Ganteföhr continues: “State of Mind picks up the idea to make something whole from fragments. Richard, our protagonist, has to rearrange and sort out his life. He has to endure disruptions of social, technological and very personal nature. The motif of fragments, clearly visible in the key visuals and style, transcends the whole game: it is embedded in the narrative structure, the visuals, the main characters’ core concepts and even in the mechanics of ‘Reconstruction’.”
State of Mind features:
- An unsettling vision of the near future players can throw themselves into
- Dive into a multi-layered Sci-Fi thriller, where dystopian reality and digital utopia are intertwined
- Unravel a global conspiracy in a society of ubiquitous digitalism, surveillance and transhumanism
- Explore a world with a rich and unique visual style, combining realistic environments with low-poly characters
- Take on the role of journalist Richard Nolan, as well as five additional playable characters
- Use dexterity, deductional skill and research to reconstruct Richard‘s past
State of Mind is now available for preorder on Steam and GOG at €/$29.99 and £25.99. Console version will be available at €/$39.99 and £34.99