2020 has been the year where everything moved online, but one industry has dominated the internet for much longer – Esports.
With the rise in interest and investment in esports teams across the globe, online casino site SlotsUp has ranked the top 50 Esports teams across the world. The aim – to find out who is the most successful Esport team to date and who has rising potential in the field.
To create the index, the teams were scored on several different factors. The combined score of the teams 2020 and overall earnings generates the ‘Money Makers’ score. By combining the scores we can see a clearer picture of newer teams climbing up the Esports ladder.
The ‘hardest working’ score looks at the number of official tournaments a team has earned their winnings from. Researchers also looked at a team’s social influence and how often they are searched for on Google.
- Team Liquid came out on top with an overall score of 46.6 out of 50
- Team Liquid was also the highest overall earning team having earned a whopping $35,700,948
- Fnatic came 2nd, just one point behind Team Liquid on 45.6 out of 50
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (otherwise known as CS:GO) was the game that earnt these top teams the largest % of their money
- Highest earning team of 2020: Dallas Empire earned $1,784,504 this year.
Founded in 2019, Dallas Empire has quickly shot up to the top spot of the 2020 earners leaderboard.
Though they came 29th in SlotsUp overall esport index, if Dallas Empire keeps up their 2020 success rate, they could be considered a great team to invest in.
Once the team index was complete, Slotsup took the top 10 teams, top player, to create a top esports players index too. Again, scoring these players on several factors:
- Jasper ‘JW’ Wecksall, who plays for Fnatic, came top of the leaderboard
Want to know more?
For the full Esports Team and Player Index, including Top Players World Map, please see: https://www.slotsup.com/blog/ultimate-esports-index
For even more news from the Rising World of eSports Head here