Prepare your battlestations; alien annihilation is on the horizon! Assemble Entertainment and China-based publishing partner WhisperGames have announced the very first title to be published as a result of the intergalactic alliance: Squadron 51. This dimension-bending shoot-‘em-up features 2D action in a world of deep 3D environments and is inspired by 1950s sci-fi icons such as War of the Worlds, Godzilla, and Dr. Strangelove. Squadron 51 is developed by Loomiarts and will launch its attack on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Windows PC via Steam later this year.
Key Features Include:
- SHMUP Yeah!: Enjoy classic shoot-’em-up gameplay with four unique aircraft that can be customized with special weapons
- Cinematic Experience: Marvelous black-and-white aesthetics, live-action FMV sequences, and dubbed voices will tell the story of the battle between Squadron 51 and Director Zarog’s alien fleet
- 11 Ways to Save the World: Fight against enemy ships and bosses in 11 different environments – snowy mountains, forests, cityscapes, and more
- Rookie Pilots Supported: Whether you’re a beginner or a veteran flying ace, Squadron 51 supports dynamic difficulty that allows every pilot to enjoy the alien extermination
- Ducks Fly Together!: Fighting an alien horde is more fun with a squadmate! A second player can enter a level at any time — earn points with a co-op player and unlock together new special weapons and upgrades
To learn more about Squadron 51 and add the game to your wishlist, visit the official Steam store page here. Squadron 51 will launch on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Windows PC via Steam later in 2021. For more on the game and the development team, visit the official site at http://loomiarts.com, and for more information on how you can help the rebellion fight off this extraterrestrial invasion head over to the Kickstarter page.
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here