Gamer Network has announced GamesIndustry.biz Live: Academy in association with Creative Assembly, a free digital event focusing entirely on careers within the video game industry.
Taking place on October 26-28, the event will act as a digital career fair, giving students and graduates an unprecedented opportunity to access industry talent and learn more about a prospective career in creating the next generation of video games. Bringing academia and the industry together, GI.biz Live: Academy will help tutors and professors provide their students with first-hand gaming expertise, featuring engaging content relevant to their studies. All attendees need to take part is a smartphone or laptop, making this educational event ideal for remote learning conditions.
With support from some of the biggest names in gaming, including Codemasters, UKIE, BAFTA, Team 17, No More Robots and more, the three-day online event will be hosted on the official GI Live Discord Server. Free to register and attend, students will be able to access invaluable networking opportunities and chat with talented industry professionals, from game designers and character artists to community managers and journalists.
- Keynote Talks – The brilliant Brenda Romero, Mike Bithell and Dan Bernardo will be giving insightful pre-recorded talks about their experience working in games. Plus, they’ll be answering your questions in the Discord as they’re being aired!
- Portfolio Reviews – Showcase your hard work in the daily portfolio review sessions. Gain dedicated one-to-one time with industry professionals where they’ll offer direct feedback and advice on your portfolio and career aspirations.
- Industry Roundtables – Take part in interactive seminars across a variety of development disciplines, all helmed by industry experts.
- Creative Assembly Masterclass – A daily masterclass from the multi-award winning UK developers behind the Total War franchise.
- Meet Industry Professionals – A chance to connect casually with programmers, producers, artists, writers, musicians, journalists, marketers, designers and many more, who will be dropping in regularly to chat in the Discord.
- Plus! Surprise guests. Industry legends will be joining throughout the three days to answer questions and share wisdom.
To check out the latest schedule and register for your free place, visit the official website
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here