Abbey Games has revealed the first details of their new title, strategy god game, Godhood. Set to be released on PC in 2019, Godhood takes place in a vibrant, primal world where players take on the role of a newborn deity, developing their own religion from scratch, all while managing their followers and challenging any other gods that stand in their way.
Some of the features that make Godhood:
- Create your religion: Godhood lets players create the religion they wish to propagate. Will the players priests keep peace by giving human sacrifice to the sun or run around as lustful vegetarian barbarians? Creation is up to the player, and using these + many other options will set the course for what type of deity they want to be.
- Guide your disciples: Players define what is important for their followers, selecting virtues and vices, which guide them in how they live and what rituals they undertake. Through guidance, help disciples rise to become powerful prophets who train future generations, and carry the religion forward throughout the ages.
- Literally play god: As a god, influence is imparted through the use of a wide range of abilities and powers. Rather than having direct control over them, disciples react to the actions of their god and act of their own accord. Deciding what rituals to enact or which monument to build is key to a prosperous society and devoted following.
- Ritual combat: Other deities and religions battle for power and influence, leading to ritual combat with opposing gods. Known as ‘Sacraments’, players’ followers will need to prove their worth through the use of awe, persuasion, and brute force.
- Colourful art style: Charming visuals with bright, hand-drawn qualities depict the new and unknown world of Godhood with a lush, isometric perspective.
- Replayability: Powered by a deep simulation system, Godhood allows players to experiment with dozens of different religious combinations unlocking new secrets as they progress along a main storyline filled with battles, rituals, and challenging side quests.