Display specialist AOC announces two new 27” gaming displays from its new G2 line-up with QHD resolution (2560 x 1440 pixels): the Q27G2U and the curved CQ27G2U, which increases the immersion with an aggressive curvature of 1500R. Both monitors feature VA panels, combining high contrast images and excellent responsiveness. With a refresh rate of 144 Hz, users can enjoy smooth and immersive gaming, while the 1 ms MPRT (Moving Picture Response Time) allows for blur-free motion. In addition, AMD FreeSync support gets rid of any tearing and stuttering. Ambitious gaming enthusiasts appreciate crystal-clear images, which is why both models boast a 3000:1 native contrast ratio (three times that of TN or IPS panels), and a 120% sRGB and 90% AdobeRGB coverage for vivid, popping colours.
The AOC CQ27G2U (curved)
No matter if curved or flat: the power is yours
AOC’s new 27” QHD displays from the G2 Series are available as a flat or curved (1500R) option. No matter which choice you make, AOC has got you covered, and integrated all the features a true gaming monitor needs to give you the cutting edge:
- QHD resolution: QHD resolution is composed of 2560 x 1440 pixels, four times the 720p resolution, or 1.7x as many pixels as Full HD (1080p), it offers a significant upgrade in showing additional details. On a 27” display, the QHD resolution results in a comfortable 109 ppi pixel density.
- 144 Hz refresh rate: Industry-proven high refresh rate for FPS (First Person Shooter), TPS (Third Person Shooter), racing and sim games, so players can see the slightest animations fluidly and get faster visual responses of what’s happening in-game.
- 1 ms MPRT: Practically eliminates motion blur and shows a clear, sharp image in each frame.
- AMD FreeSync support: Thanks to the variable refresh rate (VRR) technology with AMD FreeSync support, the panel’s refresh rate is matched with the game’s frames per second, eliminating stuttering caused by V-Sync, and tearing.
- High native contrast ratio and vivid colours: The VA panels of these models deliver a high native contrast ratio of 3000:1 resulting in impressively deep blacks and vivid, intense colours. Both models cover around 90% AdobeRGB, 120% sRGB and 85% NTSC gamuts, reproducing natural, true-to-life colours.
- Ergonomics: Both the CQ27G2U and Q27G2U are equipped with the G2 series’ elegant and practical stand, flavoured with striking red accents to underline their gaming heritage. The stand offers 130 mm height adjustment in addition to tilt, helping gamers to sit upright and reduce any discomfort.
- Flexibility: A built-in USB 3.0 hub with four ports (one with quick charging) enables users to connect their keyboard, mouse, webcam, or simply any USB peripherals, but also to charge their smartphone or other devices. All of this without the need of reaching down for the PC case. Also, the cable management built into the stand helps to keep the desk nice and clean.
AOC’s Q27G2U (flat) will be available in January at an RRP of £279 and the CQ27G2U (curved) will be available in February at an RRP of £289.
More information and technical specifications:
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here
Want more news from the Tech world for Gaming Peripherals to Hardware Click Here