Every since Terrarium TV shut down KODI and Firestick viewers has been searching from a replacement, and its seem some new app developers are working on an app which will be ad-free and free to use called Apollo TV. The Devs are listening to what users want and have created a list of implementations they wish to include in Apollo TV.
This is just a short list
# APP UI:
01. Amoled black theme.
02. List view option instead of thumbnails.
03. Add overlay to thumbnails depending on whether you have it in favorites or have watched it. (Like TTV)
04. Display synopsis of episodes, Also add overlay to the episodes you have watched. (Like TTV)
05. A ‘favorite series’ feature that sends you a push notification every time a new episode drops.
06. Left panel should be accessible at anytime in the app. (Not in the player)
07. History of movies and TV shows watched show be saved and accessible from left panel.
08. Clear or edit search history.
09. Pressing and holding down thumbnail or source brings menu where you can choose ‘Play with’ or ‘Open with’ and ‘Add to favorites’.
10. Icon or something similar that will show the latency to each source.
11. A-Z scrollbar so you can scroll to any letter on long alphabetized lists.
12. Swipe navigation for Android. (Swipe left to go back, etc)
13. Quit confirmation so it doesn’t close the app if you accidentally press the back button.
14. Autoplay queue for movies so you can select multiple movies to play one after another automatically.
15. A badge to show how many episodes of a show you have watched which also updates by it self. (Like 13 out of 48 episodes)
You can find everything else they are working to implement here – https://apollotv.xyz/todo/
For more information about Apollo TV head here – https://www.reddit.com/r/ApolloTV/comments/9gkfpy/about_apollo_tv_debunking_myths/
Beta Testing is coming soon and information can be found here https://www.reddit.com/r/ApolloTV/comments/9gk9sk/beta_testing/
How to get updates:
In order of most frequently updated to least frequently updated: