Studio Wildcard has launched its third expansion pack for the dinosaur survival action-adventure ARK: Survival Evolved. Available now on Steam, ARK: Extinction is an entirely new map that promises to deliver the long-awaited climax to the ARK storyline, returning to where the story began and now ends: on Earth itself! Visit the ruined world that’s rampant with Element-corrupted creatures, scour the land for Orbital Supply Drops, tame exotic creatures, and build a Mek powerful enough to defeat the colossal, tameable Titans dominating the landscape.
ARK: Extinction Key Features
- With new mutated creatures to tame, players will have to rely on Extinction’s latest additions and use them in battle in order to stay alive and reap the rewards.
- As a veteran survivor who has conquered all previous obstacles, the ultimate challenge awaits: take on and TAME the massive roaming Titans, dungeon dwelling bosses that are powerful enough to make even the mightiest T-Rex whimper! Gather your friends, all of your dinos, and your entire arsenal of weapons if you want to survive and complete the ARK cycle to save Earth’s future.
- Launch through the air and leap great distances with air-inhaling Gasbags, freeze your enemies into icy statues with the majestic flying Snow Owl, unleash a barrage of spiny projectiles with the Velonasaur, and discover many more fantastic new creatures among the ruins of Earth!
- Store creatures in your inventory with Cryopods, capture them into small cubes then pop them out from your inventory unexpectedly at enemies, send your items back to home base using the new aerial item balloons, cross giant chasms with the extendable Tek Bridge, along with an arsenal of all-new items and weapons to aid your survival.
- Venture into the harsh Wasteland to intercept Orbital Supply Drops, filled with gear and resources – but watch out! Element-corrupted dinosaurs will try to stop you in this team-based defense challenge.
- The all new map has a long abandoned Metropolis to explore, humanity’s last bastion, now overgrown and decayed but still under surveillance by a protective force of Scouts and Enforcers.
- Proto-ARKs, prototype areas built as early simulations of the three predominant ecosystems: the Crater Forest, the Desert and the Tundra.
- Build and pilot advanced Meks loaded with customizable weaponry to take on the toughest enemies, including the gigantic End Boss guarding the ultimate secret of the ARK!