Thursday 29th November 2018, Overhype Studios will release Beasts & Exploration, the first major expansion for Battle Brothers. For just EUR 9.99, this DLC delivers exciting new content, additional gameplay features, and a larger world map, increased by 25 percent. Due to the positive public response to the release announcement, a Supporter Edition of this content pack will also be available, at a cost of EUR 19.98. This premium edition contains an exclusive banner as well as matching shields.
Since the end of October, the extension has been in closed beta testing, giving the German game development studio the opportunity to extensively test the DLC before its commercial release and – if necessary – adapt it. The beta testers have been comprised of a small but dedicated group of players who had distinguished themselves with enriching contributions to community forums and extensive gaming experience. It is not uncommon among the test players to have spent over 1,000 hours playing; one of the players even has over 4,000 hours of play time.
“With this closed beta, we were able to thoroughly test Beasts & Exploration. First and foremost, we wanted to find bugs and mistakes, as well as optimise balancing of the new enemies and mechanics. At the same time, we were also able to update and polish the basic game,” explains company co-founder & Overhype Managing Director Jan Taaks.
During the test phase, about 180 threads with over 1,000 posts were created in the beta branch. The hottest discussion topic was the new opponents and their abilities, which offer completely new challenges and exciting surprises even for very experienced players.
“In addition to the new opponents, our testers reacted particularly well to the new weapons, and especially to the crafting system with the corresponding armour attachments. The new Legendary Locations were highly praise for enriching the game world with additional background information and special rewards,” explains Taaks, lauding the test audience for their enthusiasm. “Our beta testers have been very involved, and their extensive feedback played a crucial part in the improvement of the game. We are very grateful for their dedication.”
These are the new features of the new Beasts & Exploration DLC:
- Legendary Locations – hidden legendary locations attract adventurers with mysterious lore, challenging opponents and unique rewards.
- New Opponents – five challenging beasts with unique mechanics populate different locations as well as three fearsome bosses who guard valuable treasure.
- Crafting – trophies from slain beasts can now be crafted into cloaks, armor plating for warriors and wardogs, shields, potions and other items.
- Customizable Gear – the new armor attachment system allows you to modify your armor with cloaks, shoulderguards and other benefits. Use the new paint items to paint shields and helmets in the color of your choice.
- New Weapons and Armor – A collection of new weapons and armor allow for new play styles and strategies.
- New Contracts and Events – Thanks to new contracts, mercenaries can engage in profitable beast hunting and exploration and experience new elaborately illustrated events.
- New Music – Two new tracks accompany adventurers on their journey.
- New Achievements – Players can unlock 10 new achievements on Steam or GOG.