Revolution Software has announced Beyond a Steel Sky – the long-awaited follow-up to classic ‘90s dystopian cyberpunk adventure Beneath a Steel Sky – is available tomorrow on Apple Arcade. The game will also launch on Steam in July.
Tapping up the talents of legendary comic book artist Dave Gibbons (co-creator and artist behind seminal graphic novel Watchmen) once more, Revolution’s Beyond a Steel Sky gives players the opportunity to take their first steps inside Union City for the first time since dystopian cyberpunk adventure Beneath a Steel Sky back in 1994.
Beyond a Steel Sky stands as a thrilling story of loyalty and redemption set in an eery and terrifying world of AI-driven social controls. As can be expected of a Revolution adventure, the tale is woven with the studio’s signature humour, supported by Gibbons’ acclaimed artistic style.
Beyond a Steel Sky is a hugely ambitious adventure in which intelligent, humorous emergent gameplay drives an edgy narrative. Very much an adventure, the game is set in a dynamic world that will respond to – and be subverted by – the player’s actions. The game characters, driven by advanced AI tech, are willful and motivated: their intelligent responses allow interesting, emergent solutions to puzzles and obstacles. The culmination of Revolution’s 30 years of developing adventure games, Beyond a Steel Sky evolves and redefines the adventure genre.
It’s a project that’s been on the minds of both Cecil and Gibbons for many years, but one they felt needed the right real world moment to do it justice.
Beyond a Steel Sky features:
- A unique, rich game experience interwoven with a deep narrative.
- A story that enables players to meaningfully effect and subvert the gameworld and its characters.
- Elegantly simple, intuitive controls that allow complex situations to emerge, offering a gameplay experience that will appeal to the novice as well as the experienced gamer.
- Custom-written cutting-edge graphics technology delivers a beautiful, realtime, comic-book-styled world in HDR & 4K to complement the artwork of Dave Gibbons.
- Original motion comic book created by Dave Gibbons.
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here