Developer Torn Banner Studios, publisher Tripwire Presents, and global retail publishing partner Deep Silver are opening the gates to the Chivalry 2 Cross-Play Closed Beta program. Starting today, Friday, April 23 at 10:30am EDT and running through Sunday, April 26 at 10:30pm EDT, players will have the first opportunity to experience the ultimate medieval battlefield with Cross-Play enabled across all major gaming platforms, including PC (via Epic Games Store), the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 computer entertainment systems, the Xbox One family of devices, and the Xbox Series X|S console systems.
Players eager to start playing today, ahead of the scheduled global launch on June 8, 2021, are encouraged to pre-order the standard edition of Chivalry 2 (MSRP $39.99, €39.99, £34.99) or the Chivalry 2: Special Edition (MRSP $49.99, €49.99, £44.99). All digital pre-orders for both console and PC (via Epic Games Store) include guaranteed access to this week’s Chivalry 2 Cross-Play Closed Beta.
Please visit the official website to pre-order Chivalry 2 and find details and pre-order purchase links for both standard and special editions on all available platforms. Chivalry 2 also supports free cross-generational upgrades from current-gen versions when you upgrade to a PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X/S system.
Chivalry 2 Cross-Play Closed Beta content and highlights include:
- Cross-Play Across All Platforms: Cross-Play smashes the boundaries between PC and console, allowing players to face-off on the battlefield together, regardless of platform.
- Size Matters: Experience the chaos of epic medieval battlefields, charge forth to the frontlines of battle, and experience true mass-scale combat supporting up to 64-players designed to capture the intensity and scope of “The Battle of the Bastards” from Game of Thrones.
- Master Blade, Bow, or… Chicken: Your arsenal expands with the new subclass system that provides more variety than ever before. Four base classes expand to 12 subclasses, including the Skirmisher, a melee/ranged hybrid – to the Poleman, a fighter who keeps foes at bay with long-distance melee.
- The World is Your Weapon: Own the field with a variety of heavy siege engines including Ballistae, Catapults, Trebuchet, Battering Rams, Mantlets, Spike Traps, Ladders and more. Utilize traps to defend, including spikes, bear traps, and more. You can even deal damage with a smorgasbord of “found items” on the battlefield. Try downing a cup of mead and deal a killing blow with the empty chalice or finish off a foe by smashing him in the face with a flaming chicken!
- New Map – The Siege of Rudhelm: In the first public hands-on of Chivalry 2 since PAX East 2020, experience the return of the fan-favorite Team Objective mode and join attacking or defending teams as 64-players vie for control of a well-fortified castle in a never-before-seen map.
- Many Modes: In addition to Team Objective mode, closed beta participants can also sharpen their skills in a variety of other modes, including Team Deathmatch and Free-for-All.
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here