Developer Torn Banner Studios, publisher Tripwire Presents, and global retail publishing partner Deep Silver have announced the launch of the first free content update for Chivalry 2. Available today for PC, the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5, the Xbox One family of devices, and the Xbox Series X|S console systems, the free House Galencourt update introduces two new maps, a brand-new gameplay mode, the return of the popular arrow camera feature from the original Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, over 60 new customization options, and more!
Chivalry 2 is a multiplayer first-person slasher inspired by epic medieval movie battles. Players are thrust into the action of every iconic moment of the era from clashing swords and storms of flaming arrows to sprawling castle sieges, and more. Dominate massive battlefields while catapults tear the earth apart as players lay siege to castles, set fire to villages, and slaughter filthy peasants in the return of Team Objective maps.
Improving on the original genre-defining Chivalry: Medieval Warfare in every way, Chivalry 2 invites players to master the blade with an all-new and improved combat system that combines real-time strikes and a free-flowing combo system to speed up the action and let players become a whirlwind of steel on the battlefield. Created with the ability to fight multiple foes in mind, Chivalry 2’s combat mixes the best of both FPS and fighting game genres for an unmatched melee experience.
Chivalry 2: House Galencourt Update key features include:
- Galencourt (New Team Objective Map): The Mason Army lays brutal siege to the Great Walled City of Galencourt and seat of the Agathian Church. Capture the great walled fortifications, explode the harbor’s ships, then desecrate the relics and the tomb of Feydrid!
- Courtyard (New Team Deathmatch/Free-for-All/Arena Map): An agreement to settle the battle for Courtyard by champions duel is broken, as unsuspecting nobles are swept into the carnage.
- Arena Mode: Experience more competitive, smaller-scale battles with a focus on teamwork in this brand-new game mode, featuring 3 versus 3 team combat with winners determined by the first to win 5 rounds. Arena Mode will be playable in special versions of 3 maps: Tournament Grounds, Fighting Pits, and the new Courtyard map.
- Arrow Cam: Back by popular demand, archers can look forward to the return of the beloved Chivalry: Medieval Warfare feature that attaches a camera to fired arrows making for some truly cinematic action shots.
- Over 60 New Customization Items: The Armoury will receive over 60 options for new weapons, armor, voice over, and more to customize the look of your Agatha Knights and Mason Order teams. Highlights include Argon’s Sword, the Skull Crusher Mace, Golden Leaf Shield, and more!
Chivalry 2 has an MSRP of $39.99 / €39.99 / £34.99 MSRP for the Standard Edition or $49.99 / €49.99 / £44.99 for the Special Edition, with an ESRB rating of M for Mature and a PEGI 18 rating. To stay up to date on the latest Chivalry 2 news, please sign up for the newsletter on the official website.
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here