Perfect World Entertainment and Cryptic Studios revealed the first look at gameplay for Magic: Legends, the new free-to-play MMO Action RPG based on the iconic strategy card game, Magic: The Gathering. The time has come for Magic fans and MMO Action RPG fans alike to become Planeswalkers and save the multiverse from its greatest threat. Players will explore some of the franchise’s most iconic planes, collect mana-based spells and gather the power needed to overtake their enemies during combat. Magic: Legends will make its official worldwide debut on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in 2021.
Beta testing for Magic: Legends will kick off this spring! The first playtest will introduce two new Planeswalkers, the earth-shattering Geomancer and the psychic power-wielding Mind Mage. Those interested in joining the action can visit PlayMagicLegends.com/Beta to sign up for a chance to play.
Key features of Magic: Legends include:
- Become a Planeswalker – Players can choose from five diverse classes and switch between different Planeswalkers at any time.
- Walk Your Own Path – Players will need to cross various planes to save the multiverse, but how they weave their path is up to them.
- Control the Chaos – Control the chaos in real-time combat. Choosing what spells go into each hand requires strategy, as they will be drawn at random during attacks.
- Collect and Upgrade – Players will discover a myriad of spells and collect spell fragments to make them more powerful.
- Fight Together – The planes in Magic: Legends can be traversed alone or with up to two other Planeswalkers.
Here’s a closer look at the first two classes announced for Magic: Legends:
- The Geomancer draws upon the power of the Earth to pummel enemies in close quarters with devastating stone and lava attacks. They are capable of absorbing blows that would otherwise incapacitate other Planeswalkers with their rock shield. Geomancers prefer to call upon creatures like goblins, kavu and earth elementals.
- The Mind Mage personifies cool intellect. As a Planeswalker that focuses on psychic powers, they can battle enemies from a safe distance, controlling projectiles with telekinetic powers, and lockdown dangerous foes with spells that put them to sleep or turn them against their allies.
To stay up to date on the latest news for Magic: Legends, visit PlayMagicLegends.com
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here