Thanks to a team of tech savvy actors, Crunchyroll, the world’s most popular anime platform, is releasing a selection of top titles in English without the anticipated delays. Cast members recorded their roles from home, so that anime only available in Japanese with subtitles, is now dubbed in English.
The original Japanese subtitled episodes will remain on the platform alongside the dubbed English versions. This will be the first time that Crunchyroll has recorded a slate of anime remotely in the English language.
“I am incredibly proud of the Crunchyroll production team for safely delivering dubs to our community. For the series that experienced delays, we restarted production with a remote cast and crew. We produced about half of ‘Tower of God’ in studio, before shifting to a fully-remote workflow. We also recorded the entirety of the current episodes of ‘The 8th son? Are you kidding me?’ and ‘My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!’ with a remote cast,” said Joshua Lopez, Director of Production, Crunchyroll.
Newly dubbed shows include the recently released Crunchyroll Originals series Tower of God, a fantasy adventure about a boy who climbs a mysterious tower with a tough challenge on every floor. The main character of Bam will be voiced by American actor Johnny Young Bosch who is best known for his voiceover roles in the Power Rangers franchise, Bleach, Demon Slayer and Black Clover.
The English version of Tower of God, which remains one of the most popular series on the platform, will air from May 13th with new episodes every Wednesday.
- Other shows that Crunchyroll has dubbed include:
- “Somali and the Forest Spirit” – episodes 9 -12 released on May 7.
- “Science fell in Love” – episodes 9 – 12 on Crunchyroll on May 8.
- “The 8th son? Are you kidding me?” – The dub for this new spring anime series will be launched May 14 with new episodes airing every Thursday.
- “My Next Life as a Villainess” – New spring anime series with dubbed version launching May 16, with new episodes airing every Saturday
- “Welcome to Demon School, Iruma-kun” – episode 16 of “Welcome to Demon School, Iruma-kun” starting on May 16. New episodes will air weekly thereafter.
- “In/Spectre” – Episode 8 of the Crunchyroll Original series “In/Spectre” starting on May 23. New episodes will air thereafter.
- The full dub cast for “The Tower of God” includes:
- Bam – Johnny Yong Bosch (Giyu Tomioka in “Demon Slayer,” Makoto Tachibana in “Free!” Zora in “Black Clover” and Ichigo Kurosaki in “Bleach” among many others)
- Rachel – Valerie Rose Lohman (Jess Blazkowicz in “Wolfenstein: Youngblood,” Edith Finch in “”What Remains of Edith Finch”)
- Headon – Christopher Swindle (Jack Hanma in “Baki,” “Boruto: Naruto Next Generations,” and “Bungo Stray Dogs”)
- Khun Aguero Agnis – Chris Hackney (Dimitri in “Fire Emblem: Three Houses”)
- Rak Wraithraiser – Matthew David Rudd (Baal in “Welcome to Demon School, Iruma-Kun” and Leaky Eye Lica in “JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind”)
- Yuri Jahad – Kira Buckland
- Evan Edroch – Kyle McCarley
- Anaak Jahad – Cherami Leigh
- Hatz – Nicolas Roye (Octane in “Apex Legends”)
- Shibisu – Scott Whyte
- Endorsi Jahad – Jeannie Tirado
- Lero Ro – Trent Mills
- Hansung Yu – Lucien Dodge
- Serena – Cristina Vee
- Crunchyroll will be announcing the dub casts for “The 8th son? Are you kidding me?” and “My Next Life as a Villainess” across Crunchyroll News and social media this week, so fans are invited to keep an eye out for more.
For more news from the world of Movies and TV head here