Crunchyroll Games is collaborating with Cygames to launch Princess Connect! Re: Dive to anime fans worldwide with pre-registration launching today.
Princess Connect! Re: Dive was released in Japan in 2018 and then in Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese as well as Thai. At its peak, the game hit #1 in sales ranking in the Japanese App Store, and the other regions have followed with high sales.
“We launched Crunchyroll Games two years ago and the addition of Princess Connect! Re: Dive symbolizes a real evolution for our brand and our portfolio of titles” said Terry Li, head of 360 and general manager of Games at Crunchyroll. “Our community already loves the anime, and we’re excited to bring this title to anime fans around the world who have been patiently waiting outside of Asia.”
Cygames is a developer of hit mobile titles, and Funplex, a live-ops management and game operations company developed by GREE, Inc. Cygames’ original creation has been adapted by Cygames Pictures into an anime series, and the first season was simulcast worldwide (ex. Asia) by Crunchyroll in April 2020. Due to the series popularity, Part 2 was announced this summer.
Princess Connect! Re: Dive combines sophisticated gameplay with high-quality animation. Players begin their journey across the land of Astrum alongside Heroines to fight spirited, real-time battles. Each heroine can be powered up and strengthened as the story progresses, unlocking special story content.
“I’m truly delighted that we can finally make this title available to both gaming and anime fans in Western regions, which of course includes fans of Princess Connect! Re: Dive. The game was developed as a fusion of anime and RPG elements, providing users with the innovative experience of ‘playing through an anime.’ We hope that many of you will be able to enjoy this fresh, new experience” said Yuito Kimura, Executive Director & Producer of Princess Connect! Re: Dive at Cygames.
In-game cinematics are produced by a number of animation studios who have worked on numerous hit anime TV series in Japan. The game also features over 50 renowned voice actors including:
- M•A•O previously in “Fire Force” as Iris, “That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime” as Shion and “Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Saga” as Mamushi Hojo
- Miku Ito previously in “The Quintessential Quintuplets” as Miku Nakano, “Adachi and Shimamura” as Shimamura and “BanG Dream!” as Kokoro Tsurumaki
- Rika Tachibana previously in “Shomin Sample” as Reiko Arisugawa, “Street Fighter V” as Lucia and “Joshi Kausei” as Momoko Futo
- All pre-registered players will receive 1,000 jewels as an in-game gift to celebrate the release of the game. Additional jewels will be added depending on how many players pre-register.
- 10,000 pre-registrations -> 150 Jewels
- 30,000 pre-registrations -> 300 Jewels
- 50,000 pre-registrations -> 450 Jewels
- 100,000 pre-registrations -> 750 Jewels
- 150,000 pre-registrations -> 1,050 Jewels
- 200,000 pre-registrations -> 1,500 Jewels
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here